Online Classes-Add to the List!

Oregon State Has A Great Stats Course Online That I Took A Few Yrs Ago-

Math 201

how long it take you to finish class? did you ever take medical term online?

DO you remember how long the midterms and finals were?" were they multiple choice, thinking about taking this class if i can in my area, and see if they have a med term class

saw this for medical term: http://www.corexcel.com/html/online.medical.terminology.htm

thinking about doing that, read some good things on yahoo answers, anyone ever take this one? right now my plan is to take that, give you a year to do, hopefully i only need like 2 months AT MOST, and take the statistics at Oregon state, i need to see were is the closest test center they have for me

• Upvote 1

R3pnit...Are you sure that this course will work for you...because it doesnt say it offers college credit, it says you can present this to your college to see if they accept it and will give you credit for it...I would do a course from a fully accredited college...not a learning education certificate...and you have to get approval prior to enrolling for college credit...Please note in the fine print...the course offered at $318 bucks grants you CEU ...not college credit...it is an additional $300 bucks for college credit offered thru pima...so the charge to add it to your schools transcripts will probably be about the same if not more...before you sign up ...check on this thoroughly...

take a look at this that I posted previously on another thread...it is from UF's admissions page so you can assume that the course is adequate for your needs...in fact several people have posted that they have taken this class...

This is from the UF PA Program website so I assume these are reputable and acceptable at most programs:

From UF admissions Page:

A course in Medical Terminology is highly recommended. A test in medical terminology will be given at the beginning of the program. Students who have completed any medical terminology course will be exempt from the test. Applicants who find a scheduled class inconvenient may wish to explore a correspondence or online course. For example:

University of Northern Colorado – Medical Terminology – FND 210 – 2 semester hour credits

Website: http://www.unco.edu/extendedstudies/.../handbook.html (Click on Courses > Food & Nutrition)

Or visit Webby’s Cyber Classes at http://webbycyberclasses.learnhub.net/do/portal

Additional information on correspondence/online medical terminology courses available nationwide may be found at www.petersons.com.

Edited by Prospective PA
added UF info and class Link
  • Upvote 1

^^ yeah i found your old thread, i dont think im do the one i originally posted above, i will look up the one at north colorado, i was just trying to find one that person had experience with personally and one i coudl take exams home online

Oh yeah, i went to the webbycyber class site , cause them 2 links you posted didnt work, they dont offer credits, only CEU's not sure what they are, but class is only $25 dollars, it dont say much in the description about test or anything though, im not sure is schools would accept that

Edited by r3pnit

I tried the distance biochem class through UNE, but never finished it. One of my friends also took it and ended up finishing it. It's supposed to take 4 months, he took nearly 9 months and had been on a fairly regular study schedule. I would only recommend it if you are EXTREMELY disciplined and can stay on pace when there are no assignments due or follow-up along the way. The only graded part of the course is a final exam, covering all material. I would recommend an online or in person class, rather than distance for such an in-depth topic.

Anyone out there take any online pre-reqs through University of New England? Just wanted to get your thoughts about the quality of the courses.

havent taken it but there is a thread about it if you use the search function

some have been very happy with it....i on the other hand would prefer to take a course that quizzes you throughout (graded quizzes that count) and with a mid term and final as opposed to just one comprehensive final

I really doubt you will find an online organic chem lab, not unless the lab is a complete waste of time. Organic chemistry involves many controlled, and volatile chemicals, I really don't see how you could "do it yourself". I guess people do have home Organic Labs, they make Meth! :0

Edited by MCHAD

I need to take the following courses as prereqs to pa program

English Composition - Any college composition course which meets the baccalaurete requirement minus ESL

General Psychology < found one at UC Berkeley

Bacteriology or Microbiology (including lab) - 3 semester units or five quarter units

Algebra - Calculus, statistics or any level of algebra will meet math requirement with exception of pre-algebra

Cultural anthropology or sociology - 2 semester units or 3 quarter units

Chemistry (including lab) - Equivalent to 3 semester units or five quarter units <found one at oregon state

Human Anatomy (including lab) - 3 semester units or 5 quarter units

For combined A&P needs to include lab and must be one year course totaling 6 semsester or 10 quarter units

Human Physiology (including lab) - 3 semester units or 5 quarter units

courses need to be accredited by one of the following MSA-CHE, NASC-CCU, NCA,

NEASC-CIHE, NEASC-CTCI, NWCCU, SACS-CC, WASC-Jr, WASC-Sr

I'd like them to be online only so im having trouble finding what i need anyone got any suggestions on these prereqs?

Also to the guy who took his whole AA online, what college and what major? maybe pm me?

Edited by LuisD

Guest jesse0081

Tarrant County College has online genetics and other classes. For some reason if you click on "distance learning" genetics is not shown, but if click on web adviser to search classes it is there.

Guest JohnR
I need to take the following courses as prereqs to pa program

English Composition - Any college composition course which meets the baccalaurete requirement minus ESL

General Psychology < found one at UC Berkeley

Bacteriology or Microbiology (including lab) - 3 semester units or five quarter units

Algebra - Calculus, statistics or any level of algebra will meet math requirement with exception of pre-algebra

Cultural anthropology or sociology - 2 semester units or 3 quarter units

Chemistry (including lab) - Equivalent to 3 semester units or five quarter units <found one at oregon state

Human Anatomy (including lab) - 3 semester units or 5 quarter units

For combined A&P needs to include lab and must be one year course totaling 6 semsester or 10 quarter units

Human Physiology (including lab) - 3 semester units or 5 quarter units

courses need to be accredited by one of the following MSA-CHE, NASC-CCU, NCA,

NEASC-CIHE, NEASC-CTCI, NWCCU, SACS-CC, WASC-Jr, WASC-Sr

I'd like them to be online only so im having trouble finding what i need anyone got any suggestions on these prereqs?

Also to the guy who took his whole AA online, what college and what major? maybe pm me?

The Colorado Community Colleges online has most if not all of those classes. http://www.ccconline.org/

• 1 month later...