Former paramedic PA student looking for ER/ED rotation anywhere, USA

Hi all,

I'm currently a PA-S from in the clinical year and I'm looking for a 5-week rotation in emergency medicine.  I'm passionate about emergency medicine and have been on track to work in the ED since becoming an EMT/Paramedic years ago.  

I'm flexible as to the location, willing to move to anywhere, USA!  Ideally from October 6 to November 7, but flexible on the dates as well.

Also open to the possibility of working at the ED after graduating if offered.

Thanks for any leads you guys can provide!

They do, however my rotation schedule was switched around on me and right now it's not at all ideal.  Trying to get an emergency med rotation earlier in my clinical year instead of as my last rotation, as I'm scheduled now.

there are some advantages in doing em at the end if that is the field you are interested in. you will be a lot more comfortable as a clinician and may be offered sicker pts, better procedures, etc. and you are also more likely to make a good impression and be given a great LOR or offered a job. I was fortunate in that I ended up with 3 em rotations(required, peds em, and 12 week em preceptorship). my last clinical experience in school was a 12 week em preceptorship. the em director after a few shifts let me just grab random charts and see anyone like a new employee. he knew I was a former medic and interested in em so he just treated me like an em intern. it was really a great experience.

Archived