Co-Signatures with certain insurance companies

I've been in pediatric practice since 2012. Florida no longer required co-signatures as of 2009. However, one insurance company spoke with my SP about a week ago stating according to Florida legistlation 64B8-30.012 PAs are required to have co-signatures.

Now fast forward two days later when I was notified of this. I researched the referenced legistlation, WHICH DOES NOT EVEN MENTION CO-SIGNATURES and it states clearly on the website the we are not required to have charts co-signed within 7 days!

Basically I informed my SP that the information given was incorrect, showed them the correct legistlation and gave them a record of everything. Far as my SP knew, we didnt need co-signs and the SP thought that the insurance company was giving new legislation info.

Now, should I go forward and contact the company to inform them not only are we not required to have co-sign, but also your literature on the subject that this being distributed to your providers is incorrect.

You advice is really appreciated, thanks!

I've been in pediatric practice since 2012. Florida no longer required co-signatures as of 2009. However, one insurance company spoke with my SP about a week ago stating according to Florida legistlation 64B8-30.012 PAs are required to have co-signatures.

Now fast forward two days later when I was notified of this. I researched the referenced legistlation, WHICH DOES NOT EVEN MENTION CO-SIGNATURES and it states clearly on the website the we are not required to have charts co-signed within 7 days!

Basically I informed my SP that the information given was incorrect, showed them the correct legistlation and gave them a record of everything. Far as my SP knew, we didnt need co-signs and the SP thought that the insurance company was giving new legislation info.

Now, should I go forward and contact the company to inform them not only are we not required to have co-sign, but also your literature on the subject that this being distributed to your providers is incorrect.

You advice is really appreciated, thanks!

I say absolutely!  I'm fighting with insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies and such almost daily over such nonsense. Don't let them continue with bad information.

Guest Paula

I agree. I have to have a co-signature on a stupid AFLAC claim form.  I intend to call them and discuss why they have a stupid rule like that.  No co-sigs  needed in my state either.

Archived