Emory Application Cycle 2014-2015

I figured I would go ahead and start this topic. I should be finalizing my CASPA by this or next Friday and have pretty much completed the supplemental. I am trying to apply early this year, as I applied late September last cycle and was interviewed but ultimately rejected. I'm hoping that by getting it in earlier my odds will be better- fingers crossed. Any other reapplicants out there?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to post I received a denial e-mail a couple weeks ago. I was told I needed to knock out my pre-reqs as soon as I could to pull up my GPA above a 3.0. (Which I am currently doing), and to re-apply next cycle.

(I have well over 10,000 hrs of paid exp, shadowing hrs, and would be finished with pre-reqs before the 2015 program started which is why I decided to go ahead and apply.) 

Just curious if anyone else had heard anything either way. I know other people that have applied and haven't heard anything yet, so maybe that's a good thing for them.

Thanks!

Last year I was a little later applying. I think I turned in the supplemental around September, and was offered a January interview mid-November. If I recall correctly, they do the first round of interviews in October. (Could be November. I'd have to go back and look at last year's forum for exact answer.)

I think someone will hear something in the next 3-4 weeks at the latest. Last year they offered interviews via email so keep your eyes peeled.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have trouble filling out the supplemental application?  Where it says "click here to enter text" doesn't do anything when I click on some of them (others I am able to type and enter the text.  Is there any easy fix for this? 

I had the same problem and after many attempts, I found that you can just press tab to get to the next box.  I hope that helps!

Archived