Listing military leadership courses in CASPA?

Hi, does anyone have any advice on listing military leadership courses in CASPA? For example WLC/PLDC (NCO school), etc. I couldn't find anything relevant by googling it or searching the forum. I know you can add coursework from a military academy but it's not the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Under work and volunteer experience, there is a choose called Awards, Honors and leadership.  I listed my leadership positions in this section.  For example Leading Petty Officer Military Medicine Naval Air Station Kingsville.  I also listed every single military award I received here. Also if it applicable to the job you list under HCE I placed as the title.  If I listed other HCE I used my leadership title.  I also included the number of people I supervised in each job description.  If it was direct patient care I listed my clinical title. Independent Duty Corpsman, Nuero-psychiatric technician etc. 

The only way I know getting them on the CASPA application is if they have been converted to college credit and show up on a transcript (not the AARTS)

Thanks. I heard this somewhere before and was hoping there was an additional way. I already requested my final transcript from my undergrad, booo! Oh well lol.

Under work and volunteer experience, there is a choose called Awards, Honors and leadership.  I listed my leadership positions in this section.  For example Leading Petty Officer Military Medicine Naval Air Station Kingsville.  I also listed every single military award I received here. Also if it applicable to the job you list under HCE I placed as the title.  If I listed other HCE I used my leadership title.  I also included the number of people I supervised in each job description.  If it was direct patient care I listed my clinical title. Independent Duty Corpsman, Nuero-psychiatric technician etc. 

Thanks, yep I have my military awards listed in that section. I was wondering if there was a section specifically for the actual leadership courses, it looks like I'll have to get it transferred to my undergrad transcript

Have you reported your military service as an institution attended? It's considered professional coursework if you did not attend an academy or accredited military school, so no transcript is required. You'd list it as a non-listed U.S. institution, ie. "The U.S. Army."

Have you reported your military service as an institution attended? It's considered professional coursework if you did not attend an academy or accredited military school, so no transcript is required. You'd list it as a non-listed U.S. institution, ie. "The U.S. Army."

Allegro,

You just jogged my memory.

This is from an email I received from CASPA on this topic.

"In order for your application to be considered complete, you are required to report all colleges/universities attended, even if these credits were earned during military service.  You must correct your application by adding the unreported institution as a "NON-LISTED U.S.INSTITUTION" and entering your branch of service as the school's name.  You must also enter the corresponding coursework as "PROFESSIONAL."  You ARE NOT REQUIRED to have a transcript from AARTS/Department of Defense sent to us, but we will accept this transcript and add it to your application should you choose to do so."

It will look something similar to what's below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Professional Courses

000000 - No State - US Army

Session/Term Information 1 :   2003   Spring  Semester   Professional

Course                                                                                   Grade

N/A - Electrical Systems                                                           CR 

N/A - Field Experience In Marketing                                         CR 

N/A - Military Science                                                               CR 

etc.......

Archived