Any PAs doing facet jt or epidural steroid injections? Also anyone doing trigger point injections? I work in neurosurgery and my SP is hoping to get the PAs in our group to start doing these and I was hoping to touch base with someone with experience. More specifically we are looking for training conferences, as well as understanding the billing and supervision surrounding this. You can PM or just reply, I appreciate any advice.

• 1 month later...

I do ultrasound guided joint injections, trigger point injections, occipital nerve blocks, and piriformis injections but my SP does all neuro-axial injections.  He said I could do neuro-axial with some training as they're not that difficult, but the standard in pain medicine is for docs to do them.  I'd prefer not to do them anyway because of the risks involved, so we're both happy.  I haven't heard of PA's doing neuro-axial injections but I have heard of some doing spinal cord stimulator trials.   If you decide to take them on, I'd highly recommend taking a cadaver course.  Pricey, but worth it.   

Archived