RRCC's GPA requirements

According to the RRCC website,

"The candidate must have completed a minimum of 90 semester credit hours at a regionally accredited institution of higher education. The most recent 45 semester credit hours of UNDERGRADUATE coursework must be completed with a minimum grade point of 3.0. No master's level coursework for GPA will be considered"

So do they only calculate your last 45 credit hours in looking at your GPA? Seeing as a lot of schools calculate your overall and science GPA, does RRCC calculate anything other than your last 45 or do they look at your last 45 science GPA also? Thanks!

kimwar

According to the RRCC website,

"The candidate must have completed a minimum of 90 semester credit hours at a regionally accredited institution of higher education. The most recent 45 semester credit hours of UNDERGRADUATE coursework must be completed with a minimum grade point of 3.0. No master's level coursework for GPA will be considered"

So do they only calculate your last 45 credit hours in looking at your GPA? Seeing as a lot of schools calculate your overall and science GPA, does RRCC calculate anything other than your last 45 or do they look at your last 45 science GPA also? Thanks!

kimwar

Kimwar

I could read that another way, but I'm not part of the faculty or ADCOM at RCC, so it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the folks at RRCC say. Have you touched bases with them?

Take care

LesH

Guest brynkroto

For starters, they calculate the most recent 45 hours. For me this was good because my undergrad GPA 12 years ago was pretty bad, but then I took my prereqs for school and did very well. I think the science GPA comes in later in the process as the competition heats up, as well as for statistical purposes. Essentially, what's done is done. If you're taking science classes now, just do REALLY well in them.

• 2 months later...

Another thing to remember, which may not help everyone, but it does me. Last year I ignorantly just counted back 45 hrs. However, 45 landed in a semester with a mix of grades. Cindy Sommers told me at the open house/info session I have gone to, that I should just pick the best grades of that semester to complete the 45 hrs. Maybe that is obvious but maybe not, so I thought I would mention it.

Also, remember they do not count EMT courses and the like as part of those semester hours. They looked at college courses for last 45.

Don

• 2 years later...

I have a 3.3 GPA. I am not sure about the science GPA, but I am guessing probably a 3.0. My "medical experience" is massage therapy for only 2000 hours. Realistically, I would like to know what my chances are for getting into the program. Also, any tips to help improve my chances would be greatly appreciated.

Archived