2014-2015 CASPA Cycle

Hi everyone!

I thought I would start a thread for the most recent CASPA cycle since one hasn't been started. Let us know when you start getting interview/acceptances or when your CASPA has been officially submitted!

Mine won't be submitted until early July since that is when my Statistics course ends!

Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torshi,

What did you change about your studying and learning info for the GRE?  I got a 289 and I want to retake it also but I am so nervous.  Please help!

Magoosh $100 prep. Comes with full video and strategy prep online, amazing investment and I rented practice books (barron, kaplan) at my.local library. I had literally a month and I was extremely nervous, especially today, I felt.like I was going to throw up, but I literally smacked myself in the mirror and told myself not too be and realize that I should be confident in my knowledge. I do want to note that there is an experiment section on the gre, it was extremely hard, but it won't be scored and you won't know which one, so don't feel discouraged during the exam. I went up 4 points in math (harder for me) but went up 9 pts in verbal, I believe verbal is easier to focus/tackle the way you learn on magoosh/practice books. Dont memorize a bunch of words, you can of course, don't rely on it. Again please invest in magoosh, I increased 13 pts by strategizing alone. I do want to note I did guess a lot in math (literally one entire section) , but felt confident in verbal. Relax and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

What do they require for LOR? 3 of any? Or do they need a clinical reference?

Topsy, at an interview session UTSW said that they prefer a variety of LOR's- perhaps someone who can attest to your academic skills, someone from the clinical field, and someone who knows you personally. Mine were from a PA I shadowed, a longtime family friend I have worked with overseas who is also a PA, and someone I have volunteered under. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble completing the residency questionnaire? I already looked at their FAQ attachment they sent with the "under review" email.

Go to the Student Self-Service link they sent you, enter your User ID and password, and then click on Main Menu --> student self-service --> student center. The residency questionnaire is underneath the heading "UT Southwestern Links" on the right. Hope that helps!

Hey folks! I contacted the admin folks yesterday since I had not received a confirmation email regarding my app. As it turns out they do not send out confirmation emails. So if you want to know if they received everything you have to call them.

Hi!  They do send out a confirmation email.  I received one on July 18.  My CASPA app was verified on 5/30

• 2 weeks later...

Archived