Listing Health Care Experience

Hello!

I am in the process of listing my health care and work  experience. Does anyone know if it is preferable to simply list responsibilities or to write everything out in full sentences? I am finding it hard to describe everything given the 660 character limit. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Use full sentences. It is not only professional, but will showcase your ability to be concise within the 660-character limit. Here is an example of one of my work experiences, I was a landscaper:

=====

My coworkers and I were responsible for trimming ("weed-whacking") and mowing lawns throughout Gloucester and Salem Counties, NJ, for various customers, including Kevin Kolb and Jimmy Rollins. We also maintained the equipment, such as mowers, mulched flower beds, raked leaves, trimmed bushes, removed and planted bushes and trees, and laid stone for rock beds, as well as maintained, opened, and closed swimming pools each season. 

=====

This is 431 characters, and may leave SOME things out, such as a bunch of random things that homeowners have asked me to do, but it encapsulates the majority of my responsibilities.

I talked with someone that was on the board of admissions for a PA program and she said to utilize the extra box for your duties. She said they just jump from section to section and don't really care if it's in the right location, so take advantage of this extra space and use full sentences. 

I talked with someone that was on the board of admissions for a PA program and she said to utilize the extra box for your duties. She said they just jump from section to section and don't really care if it's in the right location, so take advantage of this extra space and use full sentences. 

Which extra box?

• 2 years later...

1. If I Shadowed a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) for 6 hours for one day, is that worth mentioning in the experiences section under health care experience/shadowing experience or is it considered too little hours?

2. Do your experiences have to be listed chronologically in order or is that simply preferred by the admissions committee?

Please write back ASAP.

Archived