New EM PA/NP training prog. in Orlando!!

I just wanted to put this out there for all the new grads (or anyone who doesn't have ER/urgent care experience) that don't have the 1-2 years of experience needed to work in most ERs- Florida Emergency Physicians (Orlando, Fl) started a new allied health training program for PAs and NPs last year. It's a great opportunity for those of us who really want to work in the ER but can't because of the lack of experience. You can go to their website to find out more about it. www.floridaep.com (click the "careers" tab and select "allied health").

I start the program this year! So excited:)

Interesting, although I dare say the curriculum looks like it could use a little beefing up.  It looks like mostly fast-track training.  Do they train with the goal of main ED coverage?  If not your time might be better spent attending an actual EM residency.

The curriculum isn't listed on the website but it's very extensive. I've known the FEP providers for years-they're awesome people and even more awesome teachers. Couldn't see myself anywhere else.

And I will be training alongside some really excellent NPs. Don't hate on MAs and custodians-can you imagine the ER without them? Lol

Chill out and Peace Out

• 2 months later...

Archived