• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 15th was the last round of interviews.  Like I said on the other thread, keep the faith as there are a large number of schools that have a Fall start, that are starting their interviews now and folks may have a preference to go there.

In the end, it's tough, because the next CASPA cycle is coming.  The best thing that you can do now, is to continue to improve your packet and frankly, while spending the money would be annoying, get prepared to resubmit your application.  A key thing that many schools look at is how did you improve your application from last year to this year.  

Keep your head up and remember that getting an interview IS in fact a big deal and not being admitted, is often a numbers game more than anything else.

January 15th was the last round of interviews. Like I said on the other thread, keep the faith as there are a large number of schools that have a Fall start, that are starting their interviews now and folks may have a preference to go there.

In the end, it's tough, because the next CASPA cycle is coming. The best thing that you can do now, is to continue to improve your packet and frankly, while spending the money would be annoying, get prepared to resubmit your application. A key thing that many schools look at is how did you improve your application from last year to this year.

Keep your head up and remember that getting an interview IS in fact a big deal and not being admitted, is often a numbers game more than anything else.

Atsu-2016er, thanks for constantly replying to the thread. You've been extremely welcoming and supportive about this entire process. We all appreciate it so much!

No problem. Through my application process I had detractors and haters. Still do. The difference is that for me, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. First and foremost though, I feel a responsibility to encourage and support those that are looking to get where they want to go and do so with the right attitude.

I know my message is list on translation to many, but if it keeps some moving forward, I did my duty. If there's ever anything that we can do, we're here to help.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! I know there hasn't been very much going on here lately so I wanted to update everyone. I was accepted pending an open seat in October. I finally got a call two days ago that a seat opened up for me. Although honored and grateful, I have decided to decline the offer because I chose a different program. Whoever is next on the list should be getting a call soon! Best of luck to everyone! For those of you looking to apply during the 2015-16 cycle, or any future cycle for that matter, my only advice is to apply early! I'm sure my decision would have been different if I had gotten the acceptance much sooner.

Hey guys! I know there hasn't been very much going on here lately so I wanted to update everyone. I was accepted pending an open seat in October. I finally got a call two days ago that a seat opened up for me. Although honored and grateful, I have decided to decline the offer because I chose a different program. Whoever is next on the list should be getting a call soon! Best of luck to everyone! For those of you looking to apply during the 2015-16 cycle, or any future cycle for that matter, my only advice is to apply early! I'm sure my decision would have been different if I had gotten the acceptance much sooner.

When did you apply?

When did you apply?

Application verified and supplemental submitted in the beginning of July 2014. My interview was in October 2014. When I interviewed, the class was already filled so I knew going in that it was for a pending open seat acceptance. 7 months later, a seat finally opened. They're serious on rolling admissions so the sooner you can get your application in, the better. Good luck!!

• 4 months later...

Archived