2013-2014 Accepted Students. General questions/topics

Hi Martha, I haven't gotten a response either. And I know we have to pay within two weeks of the date on our letter, so I'm hoping to hear back soon that they received my payment/paperwork. I emailed Irene and she had lots of good listings. Thanks!

Hi Yelena, how long did it take you to hear back after you paid the deposit? 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lisa, Diana, Martha! I think the 2016 class is in finals mode right now, perhaps that explains the Facebook shortage, but I know Megan McCaleb is the admin. It probably took me a two week period or so to get added.

Martha, I hear Benicia is a great place to live, I think I will stay there when I go up to check out housing. I am looking into housing on mare island.

Diana, it did take a lot of persistence to get a confirmation, I remember getting a confirmation about 2 days after the two week deadline or so, aka I was nervous. As long as you are communicating either email or telephone with the school, Steven Davis was the contact I emailed, you should be fine.

Hey everyone. Steven David  just emailed me the following:

"Dear Student:

The purpose of this email is to let you know have not yet been able to reset your TUC account; hopefully that will occur tomorrow.  For those of you facing an immediate deadline, please do not be concerned; your deadline will be extended to allow for our technical difficulties."

Hopefully it will all get sorted out soon.     

I'm exploring all the scholarship opportunities I can. I just find out that the air force offers a great scholarship which pays all tuition+ monthly stipend in exchange for 3 years of service as a PA (for those concerned, your service will not be within combat areas). I spoke to an air force recruiter, and he will get back to me with more details. I'll keep you all posted.

Where are most of you planning to live? Are you planning on roommates, or singles? I'm spending the weekend with my parents around Touro this weekend.  Mare Island is my first choice, so hopefully there are some reasonable offers.

Im from San Jose. If any of you are in the area and want to meet up, let me know. Would be great to meet some of you before orientation.

Hi wckao. I saw in the other thread that you tried Tomi Buffet. I didn't know they gave free birthday meals...guess I need to try that when mine rolls around in August lol

If any of you are going to be around Vallejo before school starts, and are looking for good places to eat with your families, I would suggest Espetus. They have a few locations relatively close to Vallejo:

http://www.espetus.com/?no_redirect=true

For those around san jose, TGI sushi on hamilton avenue is also a great place

Hi everyone! My name is Yelena I'm also in the class of 2017,congratulations so excited to meet everyone! I'll be coming from Socal area as well.

For everyone paying their fees now, I also had the same issue when I was accepted, but Steven Davis resolved it, just follow up with emails. also get on immunization asap, I needed boosters for varicella and you need two sets of titers, takes about 2 months.

Does anyone know when/where they are moving to the bay area? What are everyones summer plans prior to starting?

If you haven't yet join the FB page for the class. :)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/511167268997833?ref=bookmark

Congratulations Yelena. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the Facebook link

Hi Lisa, Diana, Martha! I think the 2016 class is in finals mode right now, perhaps that explains the Facebook shortage, but I know Megan McCaleb is the admin. It probably took me a two week period or so to get added.

Martha, I hear Benicia is a great place to live, I think I will stay there when I go up to check out housing. I am looking into housing on mare island.

Diana, it did take a lot of persistence to get a confirmation, I remember getting a confirmation about 2 days after the two week deadline or so, aka I was nervous. As long as you are communicating either email or telephone with the school, Steven Davis was the contact I emailed, you should be fine.

Thank you Yelena, I unfortunately haven't even been able to get through the admissions phone. But I have emailed and left a voicemail. It helps to know it was all sorted out with you! 

Hey everyone. Steven David  just emailed me the following:

"Dear Student:

The purpose of this email is to let you know have not yet been able to reset your TUC account; hopefully that will occur tomorrow.  For those of you facing an immediate deadline, please do not be concerned; your deadline will be extended to allow for our technical difficulties."

Hopefully it will all get sorted out soon.     

I'm exploring all the scholarship opportunities I can. I just find out that the air force offers a great scholarship which pays all tuition+ monthly stipend in exchange for 3 years of service as a PA (for those concerned, your service will not be within combat areas). I spoke to an air force recruiter, and he will get back to me with more details. I'll keep you all posted.

Where are most of you planning to live? Are you planning on roommates, or singles? I'm spending the weekend with my parents around Touro this weekend.  Mare Island is my first choice, so hopefully there are some reasonable offers.

Im from San Jose. If any of you are in the area and want to meet up, let me know. Would be great to meet some of you before orientation.

I'm thinking of getting a single, but I think it would be good to live in the same area/building as other students. Definitely looking into Mare Island too. I found a great place but it was taken by the time I called haha. 

If anyone in the socal/south bay area wants to meet up that would be great! 

I'm thinking of getting a single, but I think it would be good to live in the same area/building as other students. Definitely looking into Mare Island too. I found a great place but it was taken by the time I called haha. 

If anyone in the socal/south bay area wants to meet up that would be great! 

Yeah, they're going quick. Hopefully I'll find something this weekend. I'd prefer roommates, but it's hard to meet up and coordinate everything in such a short amount of time. Not to mention it looks like I'm the only guy on here lol

I'm traveling to the Vallejo/Mare Island area at the end of May to look at housing and hopefully will be able to put down a deposit/sign a lease for August. I am definitely looking at houses on Mare Island. I know there were a couple with multiple rooms available. I am only looking at places with roommates & if any of you are interested in looking for something together let me know! - Lisa

Hi wckao. I saw in the other thread that you tried Tomi Buffet. I didn't know they gave free birthday meals...guess I need to try that when mine rolls around in August lol

If any of you are going to be around Vallejo before school starts, and are looking for good places to eat with your families, I would suggest Espetus. They have a few locations relatively close to Vallejo:

http://www.espetus.com/?no_redirect=true

For those around san jose, TGI sushi on hamilton avenue is also a great place

Haha, yeah I had Tomi for lunch... not bad! I love TGI sushi too!!!! I live in San Jose.. sounds like we're right next to each other!

As for housing, I haven't decided or looked yet.. since I am aiming to move in around when school starts in August.. Is it too early?

Open to living with room mates as well as getting a single! With roommates probably a 2-3 bedroom apt/condo would be ideal!

And I am from San Jose too!

-Wendy

Haha, yeah I had Tomi for lunch... not bad! I love TGI sushi too!!!! I live in San Jose.. sounds like we're right next to each other!

As for housing, I haven't decided or looked yet.. since I am aiming to move in around when school starts in August.. Is it too early?

Open to living with room mates as well as getting a single! With roommates probably a 2-3 bedroom apt/condo would be ideal!

And I am from San Jose too!

-Wendy

Hi Wendy. Let me know if you want to meet up some time. Considering we lost tonight, im going to be watching game 5 for the Sharks if you want to come join

Are there any guys here interested in finding a place...though im certainly open to finding a place with anyone who's comfortable with living with another guy.

If I do live with roommates I think it would be great to have a 2-3 bedroom place with students from our program! 

I emailed a land lord for a house on the island. All three rooms are empty, only 500 per room. 

Can you email me deeeets!!!! wendykao22@gmail.com

Which house is this? If you don't mind, I'm with Wendy on this one. My email is L.marie86@yahoo.com

Which house is this? If you don't mind, I'm with Wendy on this one. My email is L.marie86@yahoo.com

I emailed you the details, but I made an error and it is facing the island (not on it). Sorry guys! 

I've been looking at a few other places. Most are multiple rooms available in a house with current students already living there. 

Can somebody share the link for TUC's new student website? Do we still use our student ID and acceptance letter password to access it? Thanks

Hi Michael, I received an email stating that we will get information regarding our TUC email account in the beginning of June. After that we will have our registration information sent to our TUC email account. 

Hey fellow classmates! I'm Ani and will be joining you guys in the Fall (I'm from Los Angeles btw). Congrats to all of us!

As far as living situations go, I wanted to ask you guys something before I start doing research. I want to look into houses around campus. I am not familiar with the area and still have a lot of research to do but what I wanted to know are the following:

Anyone here interested in living with 3 other roommates? (I don't want to look into a 4 bedroom house if you all have roomies and stuff set).

Are you guys open to an estimated 500-600 (or 700 max) dollar monthly rent in a spacious house?

Anyone familiar with which areas are "safe" around there?

Again, this is just an idea I have and am not guaranteeing anything. If I decide to continue with it (after seeing what some of you say), I will definitely keep you guys posted! Thanks guys! Talk to you all soon!

Hi Ani I'm Martha and I am coming from LA area I live in Pico Rivera. I am looking to find a room as well. I actually have emailed a few houses on Mare Island. From what I have read it's safer to either he on the island or places like Benicia. If you were to find a house and rent could be 500-600 that would be awesome.

Hey guys! Just forwarding to you all what I know from email: 

Thank you for contacting us.  Fall semester dates will be August 4-December 19, 2014, and we are looking to hold Orientation on Monday, August 4th.  Should you choose to apply for the Bridge program, we are looking at July 21-August 1st for those dates.

See ya'll then!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived