Hey guys!

I currently practice in North Carolina (and some of you may remember me complaining a while back about my unhappiness with my current job).

Anyway, I am interviewing for a job at CareNow Urgent Care in Dallas Fort Worth (yup, finally got the balls to move and the fiancé's approval, too). Wondering if any of you have any experience with working for Carenow/ urgent care in general/ or live/work around the DFW area.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated ----

Especially what kind of questions to ask at the official interview? I have almost 1.5 years in family practice. What can I say that would make me an asset to urgent care? etc. etc.

Thanks!

Hey PLPA

Welcome to Texas!!

I interviewed with Care Now, but did not take the position due to rumors of how they treat they're PA/staff.

Just know that urgent care is not an 8-5 job. Most of our clinics here are opened 12-14hrs 7 day a week. So your family life might get stressed a little with you working nights and weekends.

With Obama Care most UC clinics are becoming PCP, so your FP experience will help you in the interview, but you'll have to learn to practice your medicine in 5 minute time windows. Because you'll see 40-60 patients a day..

Best of luck...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CareNow-Reviews-E317557.htm

http://allnurses.com/lpn-lvn-corner/burnt-out-ltc-523568.html

I don't know if anyone in the first link is a provider and the second link is from allnurses, but maybe they can offer some insight into the environment.

A PA was reprimanded after a complaint from an angry patient because she refused to issue ongoing refills for a narcotic cough syrup. It was policy that they do not prescribe any narcotic for long-term use - that needs to be done by the pt's PCP. The patient raised enough stink that corporate refunded his money and the PA was reprimanded for her poor customer service.

I have CURRENT experience with carenow and i would have to say that everything said is true but you have to take the good with the bad at any job. The good being flexible hours (somewhat), bonus structure that makes it fairly lucrative. Its a fast paced setting that is focused on the numbers and quality as best you can in the amnt of time you have. Its very micromanaged even on the docs as well. They have alot of turnover and their rep for the way they treat PA's is notorious and i was hoping it would be different for me but it wasnt. There are alot of great people to work with and some are able to work out the kinks enough to make it work for them, but most use it as a short term option. It really depends on your clinic that you are going to be assigned to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I found to be unusual is that when I was debating whether to float or not they were going to require written statements from all former employers.  What makes this unusually difficult in my situation is that one is deceased, one medically retired, one is "missing in action" in another state without an ability to contact, and my last employer has everything go through their HR department and not through the actual employing department (SP only writes letters if one takes time to come in and meet with them after-the-fact).  I tried to explain the situation to CareNow but apparently it wasn't sinking in.  Obviously nothing further happened on that front (thank goodness it sounds like).

Archived