Advice for passing the PANCE on the second attempt

Hello, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on which books are the best to use for studying for the PANCE. I have read thru several of the threads and there are several books mentioned. Getting a little overwhelmed since I can't really afford to buy them all. The first time I used "A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants", "PA Exam Review" by Morton A. Diamond, and Lange Q & A. Can someone please help? Thank you.:-_-:

Hey! Good luck on your 2nd attempt! I'm not sure about 2nd time, but for me what helped me pass the pance was not so much reading books, but doing like as many questions as possible. I purchased the kaplan qbank which is much harder than the actual test, but it helped me "over" prepare for the actual test. I also went back over the packrat that we did in the program, did the online and in the book questions from that AAPA book you have, and did the questions off the datachem CD. If you have classmates that might be willing to share the cost of a qbank that may work very nicely. I actually learned a ton from doing all those questions.. plus it helps differentiate the info you need to review from the stuff you already know pretty well. Hope this is helpful for you! Again, good luck; hope to hear good news from you soon!

• 2 months later...

Archived