Fun clinical simulator for inpatient and EM folks: Septris

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share this fun game, this was made by hospitalist at Stanford as part of the "Surviving Sepsis" campaign.

I like how the pt's keep drifting towards the bottom of the screen as their vitals get crumpier until you do the right intervention. Great practice for newbie EM and inpatient folks, definitely have had ward days like this!

http://med.stanford.edu/septris/

Also, look up an app for iphones called: Prognosis.  It has 100s of real life cases submitted by MDs and others where you have to triage and order labs and diagnostics, fun lil time waster but gets ya thinking about medical stuff.  I think it's free, either way, I have no skin in the game, just something I've come across.

Also, look up an app for iphones called: Prognosis. It has 100s of real life cases submitted by MDs and others where you have to triage and order labs and diagnostics, fun lil time waster but gets ya thinking about medical stuff. I think it's free, either way, I have no skin in the game, just something I've come across.

This app is also on android, and looks very cool. Thank you!

matchb0x, going a little old school on the avatar, huh?  May need to pull out the large frame aviator style DKR glasses in honor of the early '70's.

Whats funny is that I was born in 81' but have always loved this logo for UT.  I know it has been much maligned but, for me, it's so iconic and the history around it makes it special, almost infamous.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived