Mayo ENT AZ residency

I wanted to know if anyone has been through the ENT residency @ Mayo in Arizona.  I am graduating this year and am contemplating of applying.  Any thoughts/comments/experiences, good and bad are welcome.  Also is there any research involved?  I'm am really interested in ENT, but the opportunities in the DFW, TX area seem limited.  I know the application deadline is coming up soon so I need to make up my mind soon, but I'd like to hear any feedback about the program.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

I wanted to know if anyone has been through the ENT residency @ Mayo in Arizona.  I am graduating this year and am contemplating of applying.  Any thoughts/comments/experiences, good and bad are welcome.  Also is there any research involved?  I'm am really interested in ENT, but the opportunities in the DFW, TX area seem limited.  I know the application deadline is coming up soon so I need to make up my mind soon, but I'd like to hear any feedback about the program.

Thanks in advance

Did you end up applying? I just applied to the fellowship, I have an interview in June.

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting accepted to the program!! I will start the end of September and for anyone else who is interested I would be happy to explain my entire experience. I will most likely end up posting it all on my blog also.

You should go ahead and post your experience here if you don't mind.  We need to make more residency information available since they're becoming more popular.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested I have posted on my blog my interview process with The Mayo Clinic and my decision making process with choosing a post grad fellowship/residency. I will plan to share all my experiences as I graduate PA school in Aug and start the ENT and head/neck surgery fellowship the end of September. 

For anyone who is interested I have posted on my blog my interview process with The Mayo Clinic and my decision making process with choosing a post grad fellowship/residency. I will plan to share all my experiences as I graduate PA school in Aug and start the ENT and head/neck surgery fellowship the end of September. 

ma1lkec.gifDefinitely keep me posted DJ and good luck

PS Considering where Mayo is, you are very lucky as it is in your old 'hood'

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For those interested... the ENT fellowship is currently accepting applications and will be interviewing in the upcoming months. I have really enjoyed my time during this fellowship, I have learned a lot, and have been a part of some amazing surgeries. I felt I have become really good with procedures, and been given many opportunities to assist in surgery, manage inpatients, and work in our outpatient clinic. For those who like all aspects of surgery, inpatient, and outpatient- this fellowship gives an awesome experience with all of them. I feel it also gives experience much wider than simply ENT. I feel I could comfortably go into many different surgical sub-specialties with much more confidence and experience from what I have been able to learn here. Also for those who really like procedures, you will get experience doing a lot of them here, getting a lot of practice! (This is one of the reasons why I was attracted to the program).

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

Archived