how is the current NJ job market ?

Having been through this once before in another program( being told there are plenty of jobs, there will be miltiple offers when I graduate) and finding it just the opposite, I thought I would find out the current state of affairs in NJ for PA's. Relocation is not an option. I am planning on applying to PA school this year and graduating if accepted in 2011 or 2012. What is the job situation like out there? Is it getting oversaturated? What is the prediction for the next five years? Also, what is the salary range in Northern NJ?

Thanks

Monica

• 2 months later...
Guest Aquatic154

There are plenty of jobs available all throughout nj, but availablity and salary all depends on what you area of medicine you are looking to get into.

• 2 years later...

I live in NJ, and go to PA school in New York currently. I just went through the entire New Jersey Hospital Association website, and clicked on each individual hospital to look at career listings. Not one hospital I looked at was hirings PAs, only NPs and RNs. There are alot of job openings in NYC though. So I will be either working in NY and commuting from Jersey OR consider moving to Pennsylvania or Connecticut where there are alot of openings as well. It's frustrating because Jersey City Medical Center and Christ Hospital are so close to me.

I live in NJ, and go to PA school in New York currently. I just went through the entire New Jersey Hospital Association website, and clicked on each individual hospital to look at career listings. Not one hospital I looked at was hirings PAs, only NPs and RNs. There are alot of job openings in NYC though. So I will be either working in NY and commuting from Jersey OR consider moving to Pennsylvania or Connecticut where there are alot of openings as well. It's frustrating because Jersey City Medical Center and Christ Hospital are so close to me.

from the posts on the job market in NYC expect to get underpaid and over worked!

Companies may post on certain job sites and not on others. I am graduating in Aug from PA school and live in NJ. I frequently use http://www.indeed.com. The state of NJ does not utilize PA's as much as Pennsylvania or NY. Having said that there are PA jobs in NJ depending on the specialty your interested in. According to the bureau of labor and statistics PA job growth is expected to increase by 40% over the next 10 years.

well, that is encouraging. I am about to go $70K in debt, lose two years of great income and start my third career. It would be depressing to graduate only to find the job market in NJ for PA's has dried up. That is what happened to me in my 2nd career. The job market did a 180 by the time I graduated. Leaving NJ is not an option at any time in the near future.

Archived