Hello Everyone,

I was recently accepted into PA school in California. I am from Connecticut and I am still currently residing in CT with plans to move to California in August. I will be completing my didactic year in Cali and then I will complete all my Clinical rotations in Hawaii. I desire to work in primary care upon completion of my schooling in the state of Hawaii.

I am trying to find scholarships to help me cover the costs of school, moving and cost of living in general. I will be unable to work while in the program and do not have much savings. I want to take out minimal loans (don't we all) so I have less to pay back when I am done.

I have a lot of international experience, tons of community service, leadership positions, I am openly gay, grew up on government subsidies and like I said before desire to work in primary care.

If anyone knows of any scholarships, no matter how big or small, please let me know!

I know of the obvious Nation Health Service Corps scholarship, but I am looking for more.

Thank you,

Jacob

• 1 month later...

Hi Jacob,

I know your post is fairly recent but have you gotten any input outside of the forum on money sources? I am also looking for something other than the NHCS and interested in primary care. I will be moving from Chicago to Washington. 

Feel free to personal message me. =)

Thanks!

You might try the California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development's Health Profession Education Foundation. They have Scholarships and Loan repayment opportunities for California PA students. If you are a student member of the California Academy of Physician Assistants there are three scholarships available through CAPA. The AAPA Veterans Caucus, Physician Assistants for Latino Health, and African Heritage Caucus offer scholarships. The Physician Assistant Foundation of AAPA offers scholarships, There were several scholarships offered by the specialty groups of the AAPA (surgery, FP, ER, Heam Onc). Good luck in your future PA endeavors.

• 8 months later...

Archived