St. Ambrose University PA program

Is there anyone else interviewing on January 16th? I am traveling from California and thinking about staying at the Best Western nearby that is recommended by SAU on their website. Please let me know if there is anyone else staying there or close by. I would love to meet up or share a ride there and back as I have not heard from the program in regards to how that is arranged. From previous experience, I know that some programs provide a shuttle service to and from the hotel. Please let me know if you guys have any additional information in regards to this. 

I have not heard much about SAU, but I talked to a girl who interviewed at Des Moines and she said they were laid back and also did two 15 minute interviews with two faculty each. I am under the impression that 80 students interview and 30 are accepted. I am unsure about shuttling and transportation, I know Angie will be sending more information soon about parking and will include a map. 

I have not heard much about SAU, but I talked to a girl who interviewed at Des Moines and she said they were laid back and also did two 15 minute interviews with two faculty each. I am under the impression that 80 students interview and 30 are accepted. I am unsure about shuttling and transportation, I know Angie will be sending more information soon about parking and will include a map.

I also interviewed at DMU and the process seems similar at St. Ambrose. I imagine the day will be pretty laid back and we're there learning about them just as much as they are trying to learn more about us. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

aquariuspa It went well! I actually was offered a spot later that afternoon, so I will be signing my acceptance letter sometime his week. As far as the interview day goes, the staff was very welcoming and made it a great experience. The interviews were pretty laid back. They are there wanting to get to know you and aren't looking to ask any "trick" questions. Make sure you know the role of the PA and why you want to be a PA and you will do great! GOOD LUCK!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59 

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low)

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care: 1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100 (currently adding more)

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for. I know this is an old forum but I could not find where anyone has started a new post for St. Ambrose. I also could not find any stats on the previous classes they have accepted. 

Archived