Accepted Students! Where to live!?

Some of the students really like to live in Upland or Claremont, as well.  Upland is only one exit off the 10 and Claremont is about 2 exists off the 10.

Claremont is a real nice town with a lot things to do. Upland is nice too.

Check out College place apartments in Upland, Ca.  A lot of the students rave about that one.

I hope this helps.

Claremont is beautiful and it's a good place to blow off steam when needed. Don't get it confused with Montclair though. As a 30+ year resident of the area I'll say these areas are ones to consider:

- Off of Temple and the 57 fwy there are some apartments for Cal Poly / Mt. SAC that are affordable.

- Glendora*

- La Verna*

- Upland (stay above foothill)

- Rancho Cucamonga (anywhere is nice)*

- Chino Hills*

- Mira Loma

- Eastvale

- Corona

- Diamond Bar*

- Hacienda Heights

- Walnut

- West Covina (north of the 10fwy)

I'd steer clear of the following:

- anywhere south of the 10 fwy

- anywhere south foothill blvd (unless you're in Claremont or downtown Upland or Rancho Cucamonga)

- Don't live in Pomona, Montclair, Ontario, Fontana (unless its off the 15fwy AKA N. Fontana) or Chino (btw Chino is where the jail is and not to be confused with Chino Hill)

- Avoid any place off of Mission Blvd or Holt or anywhere near there.

*these are the places I'd be looking at first.

Congrats and good luck!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I have heard great things about Claremont as well and have looked up some apartments there to check out when I visit Cali next. Everyone I spoke to says not to live in Pomona so I wanted to stay close to the school but somewhere nice!

how far are you willing to commute? i echo everything mentioned in timons post. If money is not an issue I highly recommend walnut and diamond bar. these are both upscale areas with nothing but families present. shopping centers, mainstream restaurants, markets, and their proximity to freeways are all pluses. I would suggest chino hills but the area is relatively deep and you may have to drive for several minutes through smaller streets before you hit a large street that will take you where you need to go - in other words not recommended at all if you were the occasional walking, talking the bus type, etc. glendora is nice but its further than the aforementioned distance wise. west covina might be the most bang for your buck and is much, much safer than pomona/montclair but is a 15-20 minute drive if you include  traffic (its actually only 5-7 miles away). please let me know if you have any other questions, i too am a multi-decade resident of the 626/909 area

how far are you willing to commute? i echo everything mentioned in timons post. If money is not an issue I highly recommend walnut and diamond bar. these are both upscale areas with nothing but families present. shopping centers, mainstream restaurants, markets, and their proximity to freeways are all pluses. I would suggest chino hills but the area is relatively deep and you may have to drive for several minutes through smaller streets before you hit a large street that will take you where you need to go - in other words not recommended at all if you were the occasional walking, talking the bus type, etc. glendora is nice but its further than the aforementioned distance wise. west covina might be the most bang for your buck and is much, much safer than pomona/montclair but is a 15-20 minute drive if you include  traffic (its actually only 5-7 miles away). please let me know if you have any other questions, i too am a multi-decade resident of the 626/909 area

Thank you very much for your input! I don't want to be too far from the school so I was looking at areas that are nicer but right outside of pomona...I heard about west covina being a good place so I might look for apartments there too. So far I have looked in Upland and Claremont...College Parks in Upland is so nice but pretty pricey! I'm going to come down in May and look at a bunch of places I have written down and hopefully put a deposit down somewhere!

• 4 weeks later...

I am a first year student at WesternU currently. My roommates and I live at College Park Apartments in Upland, which is essentially Claremont. We absolutely love our complex and it is a 8-12 minute drive from school. It has a pool, jacuzzi, gym, free printing, study lounge, and lovely apartments a bike ride away from downtown Claremont. The proximity to the Claremont schools is great because their libraries rule! Hope this helps :)

I am a first year student at WesternU currently. My roommates and I live at College Park Apartments in Upland, which is essentially Claremont. We absolutely love our complex and it is a 8-12 minute drive from school. It has a pool, jacuzzi, gym, free printing, study lounge, and lovely apartments a bike ride away from downtown Claremont. The proximity to the Claremont schools is great because their libraries rule! Hope this helps :)

I have seen the website and those apartments look great! It was actually my top choice but I think I am going to live alone and they are pretty pricey!

Hi all! Congrats to all those who got accepted to the incoming class! Very excited for all of you!

I'm currently a second year WesternU PA student and I've been living in Rancho Monte Vista in Upland, CA for the past two years. I'm actually hoping to relocate to Orange County for a job following graduation in August. However, my lease doesn't end until October 31, 2014. Since you guys start school in August, I was wondering if any of you would be interested in taking over my lease from Aug-October and you can renew the lease after that. 

Rent is $1573 (which is below what is listed currently on the website) for a two bedroom/two full bathroom with private W/D in the apartment. My roommate and I split it equally so we're paying $786.50 each. High-speed wireless internet is included in that price. Parking is never a problem and you have a one-car private garage. The place is also gated so it's really safe. The apartment is around a 10 minute drive to school. I've loved living here. It is honestly really nice not having to worry about getting stuck in traffic while studying for first year! My study group and I also studied at my apartment quite a few times since it was so close to campus but still out of the Pomona area. 

Let me know if any of you are interested by PMing me! Thanks!

Archived