Accepted Students- c/o 2016!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear back. How many interviews did you have and when did they first contact you?

Hey there! I can give you some insight as an admitted SMU student (yay!) if it's helpful. :) I applied to 3 schools and got interview invites at each of the 3 places. I canceled one interview because it for a Southern California program (which is where I am from, but for family reasons I really need to stay in Northern California and I had 2 interview invites up here).

I was contacted on February 6th by both SMU and the other school with admission offers. I interviewed with SMU on the first interview day, January 25th.  SMU is my top choice so I will definitely be sending in my deposit pronto! Hope that helps and keep your chin up! The day prior to getting both my offers I was second-guessing my interview performance so much that I was sure I'd get two rejections. The next day, everything turned around so it's not over until its over! Fingers crossed for you and all others waiting- can't wait to meet my future classmates! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Keep your head up Newbie! Most of us who have been accepted received handfuls of rejection letters. It is quite difficult to get into PA school and if you truly want to be a PA, you will get in. It took me three years of applying and interviews to get in. Good luck and congrats on getting an interview!

I got accepted over a month ago and just now found this forum! I am excited for this next chapter of school! I did my drug screen, criminal background check and paid my $350. I still need to do the physical and what not. Per an e-mail from Pam a couple of weeks ago she stated to do the physical closer to the start date. I am also finishing my last pre-req before school starts. I am moving from Oregon and will be starting my search for a apartment soon. Any advice? Have a good one and hopefully everyone gets to travel and get a vacation in before school starts!

Does anyone know what the cost of attendance has been in the past for SMU? I can find tuition, insurance and misc expenses, but not room and board costs for financial aid purposes. Does anyone have an idea? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I paid 1400 a month for a 1 bedroom and 1 bath within walking distance to the school. Most people I knew paid about 1000-1800. Also consider a roommate or renting a room out to lower costs. 

Hi everyone,

I just remembered website today and decided to check on things.  Congratulations to those of you who received acceptance notices!  We are all excited for you and look forward to seeing you again this fall.  If I can be of any help, please feel free to reach out.  I am sure there will be others to do the same.  I see you already got some direction in health forms/requirements that need completion prior to start.  You'll be getting more emails regarding classes and other essentials as it gets closer.  In the meanwhile, do your best to enjoy the remaining months before the program starts.

- Eleazar Dial

• 4 weeks later...

Archived