Western Interview this week!

Hey all, I am new to this forum and have found that it can be very helpful! I have an interview at Western University this Thursday and am feeling extremely nervous. I know that the format is MMI and has 4 or 5 stations with 6 minutes each. Was wondering if anyone who interviewed in January has any additional tips on questions types such as traditional, behavioral, ethical etc. I would really appreciate any advice! 

Not sure if it'll be the same questions and if so I can't tell you I believe - but they're very easy - they just want to get to know you. The very first one you'll be nervous but then you start to have fun with it. 

It's the simple questions about the PA field etc, some qualities about yourself and give some examples etc - but rather than directly asking you they ask it in a different way - which for me personally I gave the same exact answer as I would if they directly asked me. 

Don't worry - it's just like a normal interview! The only difference is going door to door and have 5 minutes each in them. Don't be scared and it's all hype in regards to it being scary or tough. Be yourself, be friendly, professional as you would for any interview and answer the questions. 

Absolutely no trick questions - I answered my questions right away and always continued a little over the 5-6 min mark - not sure if that hurt - but I got my answer across to them within the time. Just elaborate on your answers - the more truthful the more easier. 

-Torshi

Not sure if it'll be the same questions and if so I can't tell you I believe - but they're very easy - they just want to get to know you. The very first one you'll be nervous but then you start to have fun with it. 

It's the simple questions about the PA field etc, some qualities about yourself and give some examples etc - but rather than directly asking you they ask it in a different way - which for me personally I gave the same exact answer as I would if they directly asked me. 

Don't worry - it's just like a normal interview! The only difference is going door to door and have 5 minutes each in them. Don't be scared and it's all hype in regards to it being scary or tough. Be yourself, be friendly, professional as you would for any interview and answer the questions. 

Absolutely no trick questions - I answered my questions right away and always continued a little over the 5-6 min mark - not sure if that hurt - but I got my answer across to them within the time. Just elaborate on your answers - the more truthful the more easier. 

-Torshi

Thank you so much for your feedback! This has calmed my nerves greatly and I am now looking forward to the process instead of being afraid of it. I am sure you did a great job and will hear that you have a seat in this years class! 

Thank you so much for your feedback! This has calmed my nerves greatly and I am now looking forward to the process instead of being afraid of it. I am sure you did a great job and will hear that you have a seat in this years class! 

Of course and good luck - and yep I haven't heard anything thus far, but I'm preparing for another interview process just in case to be safe of course. Western University is a great school in a nice state with so many things to do to calm your nerves. 

Again don't worry it was easy and so fast when I left the last room I didn't even know I finished. I was the very first person to interview in the first group - so at first I was the most nervous of course but enjoyed the experience so much. 

Of course and good luck - and yep I haven't heard anything thus far, but I'm preparing for another interview process just in case to be safe of course. Western University is a great school in a nice state with so many things to do to calm your nerves. 

Again don't worry it was easy and so fast when I left the last room I didn't even know I finished. I was the very first person to interview in the first group - so at first I was the most nervous of course but enjoyed the experience so much. 

You helped me so much and the fact that you say the experience was so enjoyable makes me feel like a MILLION times better! The only thing that makes me nervous is stumbling while answering questions...I have answers but sometimes when I get anxious I stumble on my words so I am trying to practice them over and over. 

You helped me so much and the fact that you say the experience was so enjoyable makes me feel like a MILLION times better! The only thing that makes me nervous is stumbling while answering questions...I have answers but sometimes when I get anxious I stumble on my words so I am trying to practice them over and over. 

The first and last room I stumbled a bit and even paused. But I was trying to be very energetic and just be myself rather than some robot rehashing memorized words. Some people thought they didn't do well and got in from last year from reading through their previous posts. So no telling really. 

• 3 weeks later...

The first and last room I stumbled a bit and even paused. But I was trying to be very energetic and just be myself rather than some robot rehashing memorized words. Some people thought they didn't do well and got in from last year from reading through their previous posts. So no telling really. 

Torshi thank you so much for all of your advice! I got my acceptance today!

Hey StarPA, Congrats on your acceptance! I hope to be with you soon!

I have my interview next week, any last minute suggestions besides the ones i see that Torshi already said? :) 

Thank you very much I hope you do great on your interview and join our class! What I did which is something that I HIGHLY recommend is getting the "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" book by Andrew Rodican. Author is a PA who sat on admissions boards for many years. A friend of mine used the book and was accepted. I read the whole thing and I seriously would not have done half as good as I did if it wasn't for the book. There is no right answer most of the time...its HOW you answer them. The interview day is not bad at all....comfortable and everyone you come in contact with is very nice. 4 rooms, 6 minutes in each room...try to use up as much time as you can...Don't speak too quickly so you don't jumble your words. And be yourself! I made each of my interviewers laugh, which I felt helped me a lot :)

Good luck to you!!!

Thank you very much I hope you do great on your interview and join our class! What I did which is something that I HIGHLY recommend is getting the "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" book by Andrew Rodican. Author is a PA who sat on admissions boards for many years. A friend of mine used the book and was accepted. I read the whole thing and I seriously would not have done half as good as I did if it wasn't for the book. There is no right answer most of the time...its HOW you answer them. The interview day is not bad at all....comfortable and everyone you come in contact with is very nice. 4 rooms, 6 minutes in each room...try to use up as much time as you can...Don't speak too quickly so you don't jumble your words. And be yourself! I made each of my interviewers laugh, which I felt helped me a lot :)

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for the info, I actually did buy that book, it really is great, good to know it helped you so much, looking forward to my interview next week. Thanks for the info! :)

Archived