Endocrinology

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been a PA in endo now for almost 2 years. This was my first position and I had little health care experience prior to starting PA school but I was an older student that left an established career in research and engineering. I love endocrinology! It is definitely not for everyone but you get a really nice mix of patients. Many of your diabetic patients you see for years and get to build a relationship with them as you would in family practice. General endo is a challenge, you definitely need to like feed back loops, and at times a good mystery. 

Message me if you would like more info or have additional questions. 

Thank you so much for your input and your personal experience in this field. I'm really interested in hormones and the different diseases that can occur if an hormone is not functioning properly. So was it easier for you to find a job in that field since a lot of people tend to gear towards general medicine and/or er?

Archived