Has anyone from this site applied for this year?

I applied back in June and received a postcard in mid September notifying me that the program had received my application. Haven't heard back from them which I am guessing is a good thing since applicants that are selected won't be noticed until late March early April, just hang in and wait and crossing my fingers at the same time :).

I am hoping the same thing. I emailed them and they emailed me back telling me to reference the application flow chart. I am assuming that anyone that has not made it thus far has already received a denial letter, but that is just a guess. I noticed on the website that they are only accepting 22 students so hopefully we are one of the lucky ones. Is this your first time applying?

• 2 weeks later...

I received a letter stating that "the program is oversubscribed beyond the number of students that can be accepted." it tells me to refer to the policy 5055.  I'm not gonna lie, kinda stung a little. Doesn't mean I'm not trying again next year, but i was really hoping to get in this year. Good luck to the rest of you that applied. I hope at least someone gets in. Keep us posted and if you do make it in, make it count!! also if you do make it in, what do you think made your application stand out? could help some of us out next year. TY

• 3 weeks later...

To those who got rejected from PA in MVC, do not feel bad about it because this may not be your school. It has failure rate 57% (12 out of 21 students were dismissed) so far since fall 2013 to winter 2014 with the same instructor. Good luck for those got accepted.

To those who got rejected from PA in MVC, do not feel bad about it because this may not be your school. It has failure rate 57% (12 out of 21 students were dismissed) so far since fall 2013 to winter 2014 with the same instructor. Good luck for those got accepted.

I heard that statistic also, it's one of the main reasons I don't plan on applying to MVC.  People who get into PA school are smart and determined.  For more than half the class to fail out demonstrates to me a failure of the program, not the students.  

I heard that statistic also, it's one of the main reasons I don't plan on applying to MVC.  People who get into PA school are smart and determined.  For more than half the class to fail out demonstrates to me a failure of the program, not the students.

Great observation and good idea--don't waste your time with this substandard community college!!!! Here is an update: there are now only 9 of the original 21 students left in the Program at RCC. The practices at this college are not only substandard they are also unethical! The Program's horrible attrition rates and PANCE passing rates speak for themselves!!!!! Don't waste your time with this Program. I doubt they will have their accreditation status for much longer. The ARC-PA will notify the college in Spetember of 2014 with thier determination.

People who get into most PA programs are smart and determined.  You need bare minimums and the correct geographic location to be drawn out of the magic hat at MVC.  I am not saying that smart students did not fail out or that its a good program but their selection process is not conducive to enrolling the brightest students. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thankfully I was called for back for a meeting to validate the information on my application, they had me introduce myself to them talk a little bit about me and then they followed by each asking me questions they were quite nice and let me ask them questions about the program as well so out of all the applicants in 2014 its down to 50 students those of they will select only 28 through a lottery method (pulls the name out of a hat) :( so in hopes that my name is chosen. 

Yes I asked how many applicants were being called back for a meeting and they told me it was down to 50 and that this far all students will be selected by lottery method mine was on Monday at 1145 :) and thank you good luck too you I hope we both can get in :) as far as noticed sometime before the end of the month I believe :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived