Current 1st year student...so ask away!

Greetings all,

Wow. It is crazy looking back no less than one year ago and reading my old posts. I completely understand those feelings that many are going through right now and am here to answer any questions that you might have. I remember wanting to have a point person inside the program when it was time for applications and interviews. We just finished finals week so I have some down time to help where I can. Do know that I cannot divulge any information that would compromise the competitive nature of the application process and program but will answer questions all the way up to that line. Feel free to pm me or keep this post rolling. If it isn't personal information try to post it here so we can keep this around for next cycle also. Ready? Go!

-M

Have you noticed any trends amongst your classmates for things the admissions committee looks for, aside from the required prerequisites and HCE?

I would say that as a group we all bring something different to the table. The class is very well-rounded with different backgrounds: emt, medic, resp therapists, ma, scribes, sleep therapists, nurses and military medic, etc. We are hard workers and can handle difficult tasks under pressure without cracking. The main thing in common is we all know how to work as a group to help each other succeed. We don't let anyone just struggle. We stick together and stay up late in the cadaver labs until we ALL understand it.

Does LLU have a cadaver and/or SIM lab?

Is it grades or pass/no pass?

Yes! We have an awesomely massive cadaver lab. We spend two quarters in cadaver lab. Our anatomy lecture is cadaver based. We would be in lab then go to anatomy lecture. So know that cadaver lab is important and you will be tested on them. It is all for a grade. No more pass or fail. We all did well though. Just have to have use repetition to your advantage. We also have a massive Sims lab.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me more about didactic year and how manageable it is? I know the first three quarters range from 19-21 units and fully aware that quarter system is already face paced coming from my own experience. Any input would be great on how a typical day during didactic year looks like!

I was called yesterday and extended an invitation to interview on January 28. My nerves are setting in, is there anything you are able to give me advice about that wouldn't compromise the admissions process??

I read that it is a panel of interviewers. However, am I the only student or is it in group style?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived