Who else is applying to AT Still this summer?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

APPLY SUPER DUPER EARLY!!!

I applied in August and when I checked on my app some time in October or November I was politely informed that there were only 35 more seats for interview and that my app was 975 out of 3000 and I probabbly would not be reviewed before all interview seats were filled. They operate on a rolling basis too so getting your app in quick is the key with that program

It opens April 14. I will be reapplying this year, unless I end up getting my phone call to be accepted off the alternate list at Midwestern University. This past cycle was my first time applying to PA school, as I won't graduate until May. I was super pumped for my ATSU interview, but be prepared, they can be pretty brutally honest. In my interview with the department head, I was told that I was too young and to take a year off. I'm planning on applying ASAP, my only holdup will be getting new transcripts in and letters of recommendation. I'm planning on slightly changing my personal narrative, but because I received 2 interviews/2 applications this past cycle, I'm wanting to stick with the same dynamic to my application as before. I wish you all the best! Hopefully this will be our year!

Many suggest a new narrative for reapplicants which focuses on what you have done since the last application cycle to make yourself more competitive. I think it would be more to your advantage (as a reapplicant) to write a new PS showing your improvements...it really doesnt help to have nothing new to say

As far as LORs and transcripts I would contact letter writers now and just ask them to write a letter and save it till you send the email link through CASPA. Many schools let you order transcripts now and dictate when they are sent. You can say "hold till grades posted" or "hold till degree posted" that way you know as soon as that happens the transcripts will go out. Also contact CASPA, Im fairly sure your id number will be the same...

It opens April 14. I will be reapplying this year, unless I end up getting my phone call to be accepted off the alternate list at Midwestern University. This past cycle was my first time applying to PA school, as I won't graduate until May. I was super pumped for my ATSU interview, but be prepared, they can be pretty brutally honest. In my interview with the department head, I was told that I was too young and to take a year off. I'm planning on applying ASAP, my only holdup will be getting new transcripts in and letters of recommendation. I'm planning on slightly changing my personal narrative, but because I received 2 interviews/2 applications this past cycle, I'm wanting to stick with the same dynamic to my application as before. I wish you all the best! Hopefully this will be our year!

Unfortunately, since I won't graduate until May, when I reapply in April nothing will have really changed. This is why I will keep my narrative very similar to before, except I will have some additional comments based on how this past year's application/interview process has only strengthened and reinforced my desire to become a PA.

celiakay...you will be assigned a new CASPA ID each time you apply, just to chime in, as I was a reapplicant this past cycle and had a totally different ID from my first cycle. GOOD LUCK on that Midwestern Alternate seat! AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU JOELSEFF!! (:

Guest CaseyRyanClark

Congrats celiakay!! I'm so happy for you!!

I just got back from Arizona today, looking for apartments. I'm moving to Arizona in a couple months, in hopes of immersing myself in the community. I'm willing to move to another state, that's how much I really love this program. Their mission and everything they stand for is awesome. Hello Arizona, goodbye California. I"ll be applying this coming year, I can't wait. I just hope that I have the opportunity to interview at the school.

Guest CaseyRyanClark

I appreciate you offering, however I will be moving in with my fiance and space is incredibly important for us. We both have lived in California all our lives, and the rent out here is incredibly way too expensive for the space, so hopefully this time around we will be getting what we pay for Arizona (unlike California). Thanks for asking, I appreciate your kindness. Where abouts do you live? We were thinking of a place in Mesa off East Hampton and Higley.

By the way, are you applying to A.T. Still this coming year?

• 3 weeks later...

I will be reapplying this year as well. I was in the same boat as a few people up above. Applied in August and was told I did not get an interview only due to time of applying. I am completely done with my app and just waiting on two transcript and two references to be posted and I will be submitted very early ;)!! Cannot wait for another go at it, as stressful as it can be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi! I have submitted my application for 2011-2012 cycle. Just wondering if anyone knows when I can expect to hear anything from the school

Thanks for the info.

In regards to your question, I am not sure if your application already was verified, but CASPA does not send out the first bunch of applications until the 1st of June and I was told that that bunch is usually application submitted from April 14th through mid May, since it takes about 2 1/2 weeks for application verification. Then we probably wont here about interviews until late June/Early August.

I'm pretty sure they don't send out invites for interviews until at the VERY earliest beginning of September, maybe late August. Don't expect anything before that besides paying your secondary application fee. The first interview is usually the middle of September (based on the last 2 years). I paid my secondary fee in July sometime. Hope that helps. I know I had a rough year waiting for things I thought would come sooner than they did, so I'm just trying to give you realistic timelines based on what I found this past year. My CASPA was submitted somewhere around Memorial Day, maybe early June, and my interview invite came late September. This all being said, I do think they pick and choose to some extent people to come in sooner or later depending on qualifications, so don't expect to be the first interview day just because your application was submitted first. That being said, quite a few members of our class (2013) are from the last interview dates in Januaury, so don't worry if you get a later interview date, either.

• 3 weeks later...

Submitted my application yesterday (6/14/2011) !! I was waiting on my last letter of recommendation !! grr !! But I am already anxious !! They have already verified my application and it will be sent out with the next batch. I believe I read that they send out every Friday, but do not quote me.

Has anyone been to AT Still on a tour?

How many other programs did you apply to?

Well I hope we can all keep in contact about this grueling process !!

Good Luck to All !!!! :=D::=D::=D:

They send them out in bunches. The first will go out mid June so probably next week and then they date them according to submit day for rolling applications. Good luck!! My bestie started the PA program there yesterday and she says the campus is amazing and the faculty is so nice!

Archived