WEST VIRGINIA: West Liberty University

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I interviewed at this school in Feb 2013 and was placed on the alternate list. (I applied later in the cycle) Just thought I would give you guys a little insight on the process.

• We had a meet and greet with the faculty and staff. We went around the room and stated our names, undergrad degree, healthcare experience and favorite cereal.
  • We took a medical terminology exam...which was pretty easy. we had to write an essay of about 500 words I think. If I remember correctly, we had 5 topics to choose from.
  • Group interviews: They asked a few typical questions and the rest were unexpected...at least they were for me. Be prepared for ethical scenarios and role play.
  • Individual interview: They want to know about your personal situation.
  • Q&A with current students, lunch and tour.

Everyone was really nice and it was a positive experience overall. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Amina, I interviewed at the end of January last year. I made the alternate list as well. I applied this year but I haven't heard anything about an interview yet this year. I'm about to lose hope. Have you been scheduled for an interview yet this year?

I interviewed at this school in Feb 2013 and was placed on the alternate list. (I applied later in the cycle) Just thought I would give you guys a little insight on the process.

• We had a meet and greet with the faculty and staff. We went around the room and stated our names, undergrad degree, healthcare experience and favorite cereal.
  • We took a medical terminology exam...which was pretty easy. we had to write an essay of about 500 words I think. If I remember correctly, we had 5 topics to choose from.
  • Group interviews: They asked a few typical questions and the rest were unexpected...at least they were for me. Be prepared for ethical scenarios and role play.
  • Individual interview: They want to know about your personal situation.
  • Q&A with current students, lunch and tour.
Everyone was really nice and it was a positive experience overall. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hi Everyone! 

I am a current student and President of the PA Class of 2015 at West Liberty University. Tomorrow, January 15th, is the final due date for applications. Therefore, try not to worry about not having heard back for an interview yet, as all the materials are still pouring in. I do not know all the details of the interview notification process, however I was not offered an interview until mid-February last year. Try not to worry and good luck!  

Amina, I interviewed at the end of January last year. I made the alternate list as well. I applied this year but I haven't heard anything about an interview yet this year. I'm about to lose hope. Have you been scheduled for an interview yet this year?

I did not reapply to WLU but I have 3 interviews scheduled so far...2 coming up in 2 weeks! I know how you feel but don't lose hope! If you were granted an interview last year and made the alternate list...then you are competitive enough for acceptance. It's only a matter of time....you'll see.

Hi Everyone!

I'm a current 1st year student at WVU. They received about 1000 applications for this round and will be selecting about 20 for the next class. The next class will be in the new building on campus, which you will get to see on the tour after the interview. It's looking really, really nice! Hope to meet some of you soon. If you have any questions, I'll try to help!

Has anyone else heard anything? I had an interview last year and made it to the alternate list but this year so far I've heard nothing! I thought for sure I would at least get an interview. :(

I'm hoping they are just really behind, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

Has anyone else heard anything? I had an interview last year and made it to the alternate list but this year so far I've heard nothing! I thought for sure I would at least get an interview. :(

I'm hoping they are just really behind, but I'm guessing that isn't the case.

I know they are still interviewing every Wednesday pretty much. Hope that helps :)

Archived