Accepted Class of 2016

Woohooo! Any idea if a Facebook group has been started? Maybe it's too early...

Congratulations to all who have been accepted! 

The class officers for the Class of 2015 have set-up a Facebook page for you all here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/487439684703917/

Please feel free to use the page to get to know one another and ask us questions about the program!

Best of luck, 

Courtney 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3moose1 - I was accepted to Midwestern for this coming year. Here is a copy of my post on the stat discussion page. Probably more details than you are looking for, but it might help. If you want to see more stats like this check out that page.

I'm an odd applicant, so I hope this helps someone! I did not have many core science classes at the time of application and was missing a number of pre-req grades. I also didn't have much direct patient care experience. My biggest tips are to submit early and prepare for your interview!

Undergrad Ed School: Purdue University, Biomedical Engineering
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.3
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: V - 159, Q - 162, W - 5.0

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours) Medical Assistant - 405, Hospital volunteer - 25

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Not much...random volunteer days. Some international mission trips.

Schools Applied: Midwestern (AZ & IL), U of Wis, Mayo, USA, Yale, AT Still, UNT, Idaho State, Harding, University of St. Francis (IN), Augsburg, MCPHS - Boston

Application Submitted Date: 1st week in May 2013

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) End of May

Interview Invites: 6 - Harding, UNT, Midwestern (AZ), AT Still, Idaho State (didn't attend), and USA (didn't attend)

Denied: Yale, Mayo, U of Wis, Augsburg

MIA:  Midwestern (IL), University of St. Francis (IN)

Withdrew Application:  USA, Idaho State

Waitlisted: Harding, AT Still, MCPHS (waitlisted to be invited to interview)

Accepted: UNT, Midwestern (AZ)

Attending: Midwestern (AZ)!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I just got off the waitlist today!

It was so unexpected, I don't know how to handle this right now. :D

Question: on or off campus?  I discussed this on interview day, but I don't remember as I am scrambling to get things together. 

Hello everyone, I just got off the waitlist today!

It was so unexpected, I don't know how to handle this right now. :D

Question: on or off campus?  I discussed this on interview day, but I don't remember as I am scrambling to get things together. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I look forward to meeting you soon!  Join our FB group!  I think it may be too late to apply for on campus housing, but if you post on FB, someone may be looking for a room mate.  :)

• 6 months later...

Archived