2013-14 Cycle Interviews!!

Its been 2 months for me also. I will be calling/emailing Naisha tomorrow regarding my application status. The turnaround time is usually 2 months, so we should be hearing something soon. :)

My app was also completed on Oct 3. Just called Ms. Naisha today she said my decision is still pending. I asked her how much longer should i find out about my decision, she said she cant guarantee and said that if decision is made after the next interview in Jan 7, there will still be more dates for interview (if invited for interview).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My app was also completed on Oct 3. Just called Ms. Naisha today she said my decision is still pending. I asked her how much longer should i find out about my decision, she said she cant guarantee and said that if decision is made after the next interview in Jan 7, there will still be more dates for interview (if invited for interview).

I received the same response from her today. I guess we'll just have to wait...

Has anyone submitted a supplemental app and been declined (without completing an interview), yet? 

Just wondering if they send out decline letters AFTER the interview process this spring or as they look over applications. 

Congrats to the January interviewees!

From what I understand they do not send out notifications. You can, however, email Naisha for updates on the status of your application.

My application was considered complete on 10/24 and I received an interview invitation via email on Friday, 12/6. The email says that interviews are conducted on Tuesdays only. My scheduled interview date is for January 7th. I decided not to attend the interview and will be withdrawing my app. Goodluck everyone!

Willow I'm not exactly sure what specific stats you want but here is some basic ones for me. I had science GPA 3.7, overall 3.4 or so. Graduated from UCLA in physiological sciences & integrative biology. Had 600+ hours internship at hospital during school, 2000+ general volunteering, HCE experiences include EMT and medical intern at hospital (hours im not completely sure, maybe 2500-3000 so far), I currently volunteer for 2 free medical clinics, etc. I have no GRE scores or MCAT. I continue my volunteering and also shadow health care professionals. UHHHH that may be it :).....I can't think of any other pertinent information! 

Tcao, be yourself and stand out. If you have an opinion don't be afraid to express it to your group. Work together, don't play devils advocate and also form group unity with your interview team. I know they care about that a lot! Introduce yourself to the students who are there already, interact and mingle, don't sit in the corner. Practice interview questions (they can be found as a generic google search lol), but don't sound memorized. Bascially have a framework in mind for certain questions and you will feel more prepared. Smile smile smile, be personable, be compassionate. Think quickly and thoughtfully since each session is essentially timed (about 25 mins), so you need to shine during that time. BRING A PENCIL OR PEN, for a writing part. Understand ethical situations, since they are going to judge your capacity for upholding moral and ethical standards of the medical world. Good luck :) 

I interviewed 11/19 and received my acceptance letter 12/07.. cant wait !

good luck to everyone interviewing 

Hi!! Congratulations on your acceptance!! Are there any tips or any advice you could give me for the interview? I'll be interviewing January 7th. I'm from out of town so I'm just trying to get everything sorted, down to my shoes!! Did you wear heels? (even though they advise not to) Is the interview an all day thing? What was the format like? Hope to hear from you soon!! I'm very nervous! 

• 1 month later...

Hi!! Congratulations on your acceptance!! Are there any tips or any advice you could give me for the interview? I'll be interviewing January 7th. I'm from out of town so I'm just trying to get everything sorted, down to my shoes!! Did you wear heels? (even though they advise not to) Is the interview an all day thing? What was the format like? Hope to hear from you soon!! I'm very nervous! 

I am not speaking from personal experience, but did shadow two Touro PA alums. Their advice was both simple and straight-forward. Be yourself, answer honestly, and be well-read on current PA news (they advised subscribing to publications such as AAPA). I've also read on older posts that current Touro students recommended wearing attire aside from the traditional navy/black. I'm sure it's not a deal breaker, but they urged those who prefer colorful business attire to feel free and express. Good luck!

I am also curious. My completed supplemental was 12/16. Today is exactly one month, but I am sure they're busy with reviews. Please let us know when you receive your interview dates. Good luck to everyone

I believe that it generally takes 2 month from supplemental APP. completion date. I was received completion email at 12/6. So, those who received completion email  on Dec, may (hopefully) get on Feb. interview opportunity. Don;'t mind please share date. 

Archived