PAssed PANRE

I passed the PANRE and wanted to share what I did. Please note that I felt awful after taking the exam. I thought I failed and was ready to start studying again.

Thank you to everyone who share their experience taking the PANRE and their thoughts on study materials that were worth buying and looking at.

I study for 4 mos and about 4 hours a day. 1 week prior to my exam I studied about 10 hrs a day.

Study materials.

ExamMaster CD: I thought it was helpful in testing my brain after studying each system. The questions where hard, but I feel that it was good study tool. Did all the questions and took down notes. The explanations for each question/answer was very detailed.

Emory: I had used Emory when I took the PANCE 5 years ago. The new version was pretty much the same powerpoints from 5 years ago. If you have an older version, don’t waste your money buying a new updated version.

HippoPA: It was helpful. I felt the test questions where very easy compare to ExamMaster. Their test questions lack good explanations of why this was the better answer compare to that answer. Some lectures where better than others. I prefer HippoPA over Emory review.

First Step USLME Step1 (2010): This was very helpful. I checked it out from my local library. This was great review for the uncommon stuff that HippoPA and Emory did not cover. It was straight to the point with high yield facts.

Packrats Versions 8-12: There where 4 questions that were on the PANRE. I reviewed them once only.

CME4Life 13 DVDs: Don’t waste your money or your time.

My work paid for my PANRE, HippoPA and ExamMaster. I wasted my own $ for CME4life.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived