Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

personal statement

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#461 mds9554

mds9554

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

I received an interview invite this morning! I picked December 12th! 

#462 tthoma67

tthoma67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:16 PM

I am also interviewing December 12th. See you there. Can anyone give any insight on what the TJU interview is like? I would love to know the structure of the interview and any advice would be helpful. 

#463 hdietrich3

hdietrich3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

I interviewed on the 14th and got accepted the 23rd! I have already deposited and am definitely attending TJU this May! 

#464 boomer74

boomer74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

Interviewed yesterday, Dec 5th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck everyone!

#465 JuliaFuturePA

JuliaFuturePA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:43 AM

Does anyone in the Philly area know where the cheapest off campus housing is that's still close to campus?

Hi futureVAPA - can you please share any info you might have gotten regarding off campus housing? I am also looking to live off campus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#466 meganrose209

meganrose209

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

Interviewed yesterday, Dec 5th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck everyone!

Wow that's awesome!! I was at that interview too but I haven't heard any news yet :/ congrats for that quick quick answer hehe

#467 jar191

jar191

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

Has anyone seen a Facebook page for the incoming TJU PA class of 2019? I was accepted and committed to the program back in October, but want to start to connect with others that were accepted! Please let me know if anyone has found one !

#468 danmcrory

danmcrory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Has anyone still not heard back on whether they are getting an interveiw or not? I emialed the lady and she just said it was going through the process but that was over a month ago at this point.

• Linds.ace likes this

#469 arm930

arm930

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Has anyone still not heard back on whether they are getting an interveiw or not? I emialed the lady and she just said it was going through the process but that was over a month ago at this point.

I haven't heard a thing and when I emailed back in August to get an update, they didn't respond for about 10 days. They're the only school I haven't heard from and I think their interviews are over so I'm assuming that I've been denied. In my opinion, their process seems somewhat overwhelmed and disorganized.
  • Imas94, Excited2BPA and danmcrory like this

#470 LIBK13

LIBK13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

Has anyone seen a Facebook page for the incoming TJU PA class of 2019? I was accepted and committed to the program back in October, but want to start to connect with others that were accepted! Please let me know if anyone has found one !

There is a group now:   https://www.facebook...34931109985763/

#471 Mj1234

Mj1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

Interviewed on Dec 12th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck everyone! 

#472 5four

5four

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

Interviewed Dec 27th. Waitlisted. 

Seemed like a pretty great program.

#473 Applicant2017

Applicant2017

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Interviewed Dec. 12th and waitlisted. The class is now full :(

#474 WovenOrganic

WovenOrganic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:13 PM

Interviewed Dec. 12th and waitlisted. The class is now full :(

Had you already been waitlisted and just got an update with this information or is the this first notification of the waitlist you got?

I was already waitlisted a week ago but didn't get an update today yet about anything

#475 arm930

arm930

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

For all those still waiting to hear, I received this email from Amina over 2 weeks ago: 

"At this time, the Admissions Committee has completed the review of application and hopes to release all terminal decisions within the next two weeks. That being said, it is this year the program received just over 2,000 applications. The Admissions Committee performs a holistic review of all of these applications, which increased the timeframe for information this cycle. I would encourage you to keep an eye on your email for any incoming information from the university."

Hope this helps all those in limbo! 

#476 FuturePA0221

FuturePA0221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

I received an email Jan 17th stating the following:

"Here is an update regarding the Physician Assistant Studies Waitlist at Thomas Jefferson University.

As of today, we have not had any seats in the program open and, as a result, have not moved to the waitlist for admission consideration.

Should a seat become open in the program, the Admissions Committee will meet to review all candidates on the waitlist and determine who will be offered the seat.

Offers will be made via email and with a follow up phone call."

The content of the email for people placed on the waitlist seems to differ, correct?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: personal statement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users