GRE scores

• 2 weeks later...

I took the GRE after submitting my CASPA application without designating that I would be taking the GRE in the test section. It's been past the 10 days from taking my GRE. I'm frustrated because several schools ask you to send scores directly to CASPA, but as I didn't indicate earlier, I don't think CASPA will update my score. Any advice?

CASPA is hurting my soul.

I also submitted my CASPA before sending scores, so you have to individually send the scores to each school. The GRE codes should be on the schools website. CASPA will not accept anything after submission.

Hmm...I think they do accept GRE scores after submission, starting this year. I submitted mine after submission, but the only thing you can't do is self-report scores after submission, so make sure your schools don't require that.

From CASPA website:

IMPORTANT: Official GRE scores from ETS can be received by CASPA at any point during the application cycle, even after your application has been e-submitted, verified, or mailed. However, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted. Also, your unofficial self-reported GRE scores (see self-reported scores above) can NOT be added after you e-submit and must be entered in prior to submitting if your PA program requires you to list them.

• 7 months later...

I also submitted my CASPA before sending scores, so you have to individually send the scores to each school. The GRE codes should be on the schools website. CASPA will not accept anything after submission.

This is not true- I just spoke to someone at CASPA.

My plan is to take GREs mid-May, a week before I press "submit" on my application.  I was told you CAN submit without self-reporting and the scores will post to your application whenever they are received.  So NBD.

The one caveat is that "some schools require you to self-report your GREs as well as send official scores.  So if that's the case for one of your schools, you need to wait until you know your scores, fill it in on the application, then submit."

I took my GRE in September and sent my scores to CASPA for four schools (ETS says the first four are free). Now that I'm sending my scores for other programs, I'm not sure if the scores were sent for the first four schools. Did anybody else have this problem too? 

I doubt that CASPA has them since they were sent during the last application cycle, but I'd rather not spend $120 to send those first four again...meh.

Send to CASPA ,some schools want their own copy as well, which is stupid since CASPA is a verification service. Just look at each school under their GRE section to see if they want a copy.

"Find your PA program on the CASPA GRE CODE LIST below. If your PA program is on this list, you should use the CASPA code displayed to send your official GRE scores to CASPA. "

This would mean you would only have to send it once to each school. Right?

From the CASPA Instructions: https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/transcripts/standardized-tests/index.html

Q: If I’m applying to several schools with CASPA GRE Codes, does that mean I’m sending my GRE to CASPA multiple times?

A: YES. CASPA will only release your official GRE score to the school that matches the code(s) you supply to ETS. For example, if you are applying to three schools with CASPA codes and you only supply one code to ETS, only that one school will see your score on CASPA. This is a policy of ETS and CASPA is contractually obligated to uphold it.

Q: If I send my GRE score to a school’s CASPA Code, do I have to send an additional copy to the school directly?

A: Typically no, but it is possible some schools will require this. Please ask your PA programs directly on their individual requirements.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I read through this thread and was just wondering if anyone has already submitted a GRE score to your schools & submitted, but thought about taking the GRE again and updating them if you do better?

I didn't do poorly the first time, I just actually have the free time to study now and thought I could be a bonus to my app if my scores went up significantly.

I read through this thread and was just wondering if anyone has already submitted a GRE score to your schools & submitted, but thought about taking the GRE again and updating them if you do better?

I didn't do poorly the first time, I just actually have the free time to study now and thought I could be a bonus to my app if my scores went up significantly.

Unlikely to influence school at all. Better to save those funds for interview expenses, IMO!

Archived