2013-2014 CASPA Cycle: Interviews ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a rejection email from Yale, but I consider myself a "strong" applicant. May I ask some minor stats on all of you who received invites?

Are you Ivy League undergrad alum? Stellar GRE scores? Years of extensive and reputable HCE? 

Just wondering what the "in" factor is for a Yale PA-S. 

I got a rejection email from Yale, but I consider myself a "strong" applicant. May I ask some minor stats on all of you who received invites?

Are you Ivy League undergrad alum? Stellar GRE scores? Years of extensive and reputable HCE? 

Just wondering what the "in" factor is for a Yale PA-S. 

Non-Ivy Undergrad

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.80

Science Undergrad GPA: 3.73

Non-Science Undergrad GPA: 3.87

Post Bacc GPA: 4.00 (had to take Stats and Microbiology post-bacc)

Age at application time: 25

1st GRE: 520 V (154), 760 Q (160), 4.5 W

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours) 

Clinical Assistant (900)

EEG Technician (4000)

Health and Wellness Coach (500)

Shadowing: 

Orthopedic PA (30 hours)

Neurosurgery PA (12 hours)

Pain Management PA (2 hours)

Emergency Med PA (6 hours)

Some MD and ND shadowing as well

Extracurricular/Research Activities:

D1 Athlete

St. Jude's

Tutor/Mentor

Research Assistant (Psychology)

Congratulations to all you who will be interviewing this year!!!  I am a student in the PA program here at Yale, class of 2015.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the interview day or anything.  I saw one question about the essay portion of the interview so I will tell you that last year it consisted of 4 hypothetical scenarios that you would find yourself in as a practicing PA and asks you to respond in short essay form how you would respond to that scenario.  Along with the essays there was a 1 on 1 interview with the program director and a 3 on 1 interview with other members of the admissions committee.  I will give you a heads up though that we have a new program director this year and I'm not sure if he is planning on changing things up for interview day or not.  So take what I say here with a grain of salt.  

I know I can speak for the rest of the first years when I say we are looking forward to meeting you all in a few weeks.  Good luck, and try not to stress too much. 

Archived