Secondary application

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks SacPrePA for all the info! Do you happen to know how the interviews are factored into the admissions decisions? Is everyone who is interviewed on the same playing field and offered admissions based on how they do on the interview alone or is the whole applicant packet reviewed (CASPA, essays, interview etc.) to decide on admitting each applicant?

Remster825: Hey! At my interview we were told that at that point we were all on the same level so the only thing that mattered was the interview. You made it that far, out of over 1,000 applicants so the interviewers already know you look good on paper. At the interview, the goal is to see how well you fit in at UCD. They want to make sure you fit in with the image they have created of our student body. The secondaries, at least to my knowledge, go out to the best of the best at interview day. I'd like to say you'll hear soon but we didn't hear until after the new year. Good luck!!! If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me. I interviewed Oct 8th of last year, and was so stressed after, but now that I'm in, and surrounded by work, I couldn't be happier.

Remster825: Hey! At my interview we were told that at that point we were all on the same level so the only thing that mattered was the interview. You made it that far, out of over 1,000 applicants so the interviewers already know you look good on paper. At the interview, the goal is to see how well you fit in at UCD. They want to make sure you fit in with the image they have created of our student body. The secondaries, at least to my knowledge, go out to the best of the best at interview day. I'd like to say you'll hear soon but we didn't hear until after the new year. Good luck!!! If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me. I interviewed Oct 8th of last year, and was so stressed after, but now that I'm in, and surrounded by work, I couldn't be happier.

Hey there! I tried to send you a PM, but it said you couldn't accept anymore messages.

Anyone who interviewed, know how many students they interviewed and how many they are accepting for the upcoming 2014 class? I know last class accepted was less than 30. Thanks.

I interviewed and I don't know how many people in total they are interviewing but they mentioned a similar class of 30 spots available for 2014. They said they did not have an exact number, but "around 30" was what they are going for for both NP/PA students combined. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine also earlier today! :)

I hope I'm wrong...but a little part of me thinks they send the invite to everyone so they can collect $80 from all the applicants. Regardless, I'm glad I got the invite! :)

I hope not either! It seems like there are quite a few of us here who received a secondary...makes me nervous!

I tried to look a few weeks ago but didn't find any clear amount. So once we submit our application, do we really have to wait until March 2014??

Last year a few candidates got secondaries on November 14th but most didn't receive them until December 9th (from what I can tell by reviewing last year's forum). Notification of official admission after the secondaries was January 29th. Sooo... maybe since we were notified earlier this year we will also find out about final admission sooner? Here's to hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived