Ohio is still horrible for PAs

The new prescriptive laws are a joke. I have been a PA for 26 years, and have practiced in several states, all with full prescriptive privileges. My record is spotless, unlike many MDs and DOs I know. I am trying to gain Rx authority in Ohio, and cannot believe the hoops they make you jump through. Not to mention that nice "little" $200 fee the OAPA charges for the "ethics" course. I would not even contemplate working in Ohio for a microsecond if it was not for the fact that my mother is getting older and wants me around. After working in places like NC, where PAs are respected as part of the patient care team, it is beyond humiliating to come back to Ohio with it's horrible practice laws and pitiful salaries. A big part of the problem is the earlier weak leadership in the OAPA. The founders were surgical assistants who did not push for better practice laws as long as they could dress in scrubs and hold the idiot stick in the OR. Now the OAPA in the past ten years has tried valiantly to make up for these errors, however they have a long row to hoe. I do commend them for their efforts. If the original people were still in charge, we would still be doing perpetual H & Ps as "staff assistants." Oh, and yeah. I will go ahead and say what the other posters will not. The contact person at the Ohio Medical Board is a beotch. :=D:

Archived