2013-2014 Application Cycle

Hey all,

I'm currently tackling the Secondary Application for LLU. I was wondering if anybody else is either doing the same or has already finished submitting their supplemental for Loma Linda. How long are your essays? Looking at the prompts I don't know how I'm going to stretch it to 4000 characters.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted mine and they were not near 4000, all of them were under 1000. I've always been a 'short and sweet' type writer - just clear and succinct so I think as long as the content is there, it's not necessary to fluff it up to 4000 words (and remember they have probably over 1000 of these to read!!!) I got an interview last year and of course I improved on my questions this year but they were still approximately the same length.

• 2 weeks later...

"I completed my application with CASPA. When can I expect to hear from the program regarding my status?

CASPA takes up to 4 weeks to process your application. Once the university receives your application from CASPA, you are provided a link to the supplemental application. After your supplmental application is complete, your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee to determine whether or not to grant an interview. Interviews are conducted in January and February, and we inform every applicant of his or her status by the end of March."

From the website. Looks like they are not on rolling admissions, so we've got quite a wait ahead of us.

Hmm I thought LLU was on rolling admissions. I wonder if they changed it?

If you read the "Accepted" thread from last year there are people who got their acceptances in December right after they interviewed.

Yeah, I was actually surprised by what I read, because I was pretty sure that they were rolling, too. It doesn't say anything in the email acknowledging the receipt of my application, either.

Maybe I heard incorrectly too at the LLU Information Session I attended, but I'm pretty sure that the speaker said it is best to send in applications early because there is a possibility that all seats could be filled by the Jan 15th deadline but now I'm doubting myself so I think I'll have to call and confirm.

Maybe I heard incorrectly too at the LLU Information Session I attended, but I'm pretty sure that the speaker said it is best to send in applications early because there is a possibility that all seats could be filled by the Jan 15th deadline but now I'm doubting myself so I think I'll have to call and confirm.

Well, I didn't attend an info session, so you probably have a leg up on me there. But do let us know what you find out when you call! :)

Loma Linda is not considered to have rolling admissions. They made it through all the interviews last year and still had spots open at the end. The first interview was late November and the last was in February. It is advised to get your application in early due to the fact that most people that are accepted are given notice IMMEDIATELY. Therefore, it looks like the they have rolling admissions since people can accept their spot the same day of the interview.

Loma Linda is not considered to have rolling admissions. They made it through all the interviews last year and still had spots open at the end. The first interview was late November and the last was in February. It is advised to get your application in early due to the fact that most people that are accepted are given notice IMMEDIATELY. Therefore, it looks like the they have rolling admissions since people can accept their spot the same day of the interview.

Thank you very much for the information!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived