Application/Interviews 2013-2014

t2091, last year (I'm a re-applicant) I got a "You're on hold to be interviewed" letter part of the way through the cycle, maybe mid November.

I was just invited today to be interviewed (Oct 1st! :) ) today; I sent my application in late June. I think no news is good news for now, keep the faith, and good luck!

I am also interviewing on October 1st! I'll see you there! :-)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I got invited for an interview at Midwestern: AZ and I'm really excited! I was wondering if anybody knew the percentage of applicants that get interviews? or the percentage of those interviewed that get in? Thanks so much!

About 1000 applications are received, about 300 are granted interviews, and 150 offered acceptance to a class of about 90. So you get about a 50% chance if you're interviewed! Good luck!

ceschlorff, I interviewed on the 10th of September and was accepted on the 12th.  However, they did tell us that they were reviewing our interviews along with the interviews that took place on the 3rd.  So it seems like they group interview dates together.

Thank you so much!! That is still pretty fast! I have interviewed at a couple of schools that said it could take up to a month before we hear from them....so even like 9 days seems short!

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone who got accepted/ got invited for an interview. I had a question about GRE scores. Did anyone who did not have above 50th percentile in one of the sections score an interview...? I got 155 on verbal and 150 on quantitative.. 150 is not at 50th percentile and as it says on their website, "Applicants are expected to achieve a score at or above the 50th percentile in each section"

Just wondering if I have a shot... My grades are pretty good and I have decent health care experience

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Got my "application complete" email from them on August 29, haven't heard anything since then. Not looking too good :/

First year PA student, my application wasn't complete until late September last year and I was called for an interview in February. Don't lose hope, call admissions and make sure to update your application with any new grades, volunteering, and/or medical experience.

Hi! I got invited for an interview at Midwestern: AZ and I'm really excited!  I was wondering if anybody knew the percentage of applicants that get interviews? or the percentage of those interviewed that get in?  Thanks so much!

I believe last year there were something like 1800 apps and they expect the same amount this year. Of that it's about 300 interviews and 150 acceptances for a class of 90.

Just got an interview invitation! Was just wondering if you have a better chance of getting in if you interview earlier though? The earliest date open is october 1st, but then it skips to december 12th. October first is a bit too soon for me, but december seems really late. What do you guys think?

I think you should call admissions and ask them because it's a good question =)

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone who got accepted/ got invited for an interview. I had a question about GRE scores. Did anyone who did not have above 50th percentile in one of the sections score an interview...? I got 155 on verbal and 150 on quantitative.. 150 is not at 50th percentile and as it says on their website, "Applicants are expected to achieve a score at or above the 50th percentile in each section"

Just wondering if I have a shot... My grades are pretty good and I have decent health care experience

I was 49th percentile on the written, 56th quant and 88th verbal (I don't remember the scores) and I was accepted. Not a stellar GRE but I'd say I'm right around the range where most of my friends are. Some did better on quant but worse on verbal but we all seem to have the same written...good thing PAs don't write papers!

Words of advice:

The whole day is an interview. Be nice to your ambassadors =)

This may sound trivial but someone very important to your admission process brought this very thing up in lecture just 5 days ago:

The title is Physician Assistant.

PA - Singular

PAs - Plural

PA's - Singular possessive

PAs' - Plural possessive

I'm not joking =)

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I'll answer them best I can but fair warning, I'm in the middle of midterms so it may be a few days before I reply! Good luck everyone! We've all been there, we know how excruciatingly nervewracking this process is!

First year PA student, my application wasn't complete until late September last year and I was called for an interview in February. Don't lose hope, call admissions and make sure to update your application with any new grades, volunteering, and/or medical experience.

I believe last year there were something like 1800 apps and they expect the same amount this year. Of that it's about 300 interviews and 150 acceptances for a class of 90.

I think you should call admissions and ask them because it's a good question =)

I was 49th percentile on the written, 56th quant and 88th verbal (I don't remember the scores) and I was accepted. Not a stellar GRE but I'd say I'm right around the range where most of my friends are. Some did better on quant but worse on verbal but we all seem to have the same written...good thing PAs don't write papers!

Words of advice:

The whole day is an interview. Be nice to your ambassadors =)

This may sound trivial but someone very important to your admission process brought this very thing up in lecture just 5 days ago:

The title is Physician Assistant.

PA - Singular

PAs - Plural

PA's - Singular possessive

PAs' - Plural possessive

I'm not joking =)

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, I'll answer them best I can but fair warning, I'm in the middle of midterms so it may be a few days before I reply! Good luck everyone! We've all been there, we know how excruciatingly nervewracking this process is!

Thank you!! Seems like you had a higher score than I did..other than the written, but I don't really think that matters. I just hope they view my app as a whole and don't cut me off because of my gre.

Just wanted to throw it in that my GRE scores were very similar to yours and I still received my acceptance call last week after interviewing in Sept. My GRE was a 157 on Verbal, 150 on Quant and I'm not even going to mention my written (not great, lol). I think you'll be just fine if all other areas are strong! Best of luck :)

Just got an interview invitation! Was just wondering if you have a better chance of getting in if you interview earlier though? The earliest date open is october 1st, but then it skips to december 12th. October first is a bit too soon for me, but december seems really late. What do you guys think?

This may be too late but from what I understood the earlier you interview the better because it is rolling admissions and you will be competing for less seats the later you interview in the process! Best of luck to you as well! 

I was in the group that interviewed on sept 3rd and I heard on the 12th as well.  They do two interview days a month and wait until both are completed before review.  The main thing I have been told by a handful of Midwestern students is that don't feel bad if you are offered a waitlist spot.  Out of 14 people that I spoke to that are currently in the PA program here, 12 of them were initially waitlisted but offered acceptances later on.

Also, I was told there were around 1900-2000 applicants this year, with 250 being offered interviews, and around 125 offered acceptances when it's all done.  Not sure if the previous number was given earlier in the application process, but those were numbers quoted to me on Sept 3rd (you can always call the admissions office and ask for stats of previous years to get an idea as well).

Also, I actually live right across the street from Midwestern, so if anyone wants any advice on the area, or even wants to grab a beer before or after the interview to kind of take your mind off things for an hour, feel free to privately message me!  Good luck everyone!!

About 1000 applications are received, about 300 are granted interviews, and 150 offered acceptance to a class of about 90. So you get about a 50% chance if you're interviewed! Good luck!

I am slightly confused... and perhaps you can explain what you mean. Does this mean that once they have 90 students that accept seats they will no longer be accepting students? I ask because my interview isn't until November 12th. I would like to optimize my chances of getting accepted and November 12th is somewhat late.

Just wanted to throw it in that my GRE scores were very similar to yours and I still received my acceptance call last week after interviewing in Sept. My GRE was a 157 on Verbal, 150 on Quant and I'm not even going to mention my written (not great, lol). I think you'll be just fine if all other areas are strong! Best of luck :)

This may be too late but from what I understood the earlier you interview the better because it is rolling admissions and you will be competing for less seats the later you interview in the process! Best of luck to you as well!

Thanks you! You have put me somewhat at ease! Hopefully ill be hearing from the soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my interview in January. I wish I could have scheduled it sooner, but I am located in Dallas so I had work conflicts. Hopefully postponing it till then doesn't do too much damage :-/ I am very excited about coming to Arizona. My mentor went to PA school there and she has told me such great things. I am doing everything to get prepared for my interview, but would greatly appreciate any advice. I am very nervous!! 

Archived