Application/Interviews 2013-2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Log in to MWU's website. Today I have some buttons under interview scheduling...From what I understand from current students, this means I should probably be getting an email today or tomorrow offering me an interview (those buttons definitely weren't there earlier!) I kind of want to hit schedule already but I feel like that might be weird...don't want to seem too desperate haha

Log in to MWU's website. Today I have some buttons under interview scheduling...From what I understand from current students, this means I should probably be getting an email today or tomorrow offering me an interview (those buttons definitely weren't there earlier!) I kind of want to hit schedule already but I feel like that might be weird...don't want to seem too desperate haha

Sorry to Prior Nate but when did you submit your app??

I'm a current PA student at Midwestern and some of the others in the program have been talking about hosting interviewees for a night when you have your interview. We all know how stressful (and expensive) the entire process was for us, and we'd like to make it easier for you guys. Just one less thing to have to worry about on your interview day. If you're interested, send me a private message here, and I'll see if something can be organized in a couch-surfing like situation. Most of us live within a 1/4 mile radius of campus.

I'm a current PA student at Midwestern and some of the others in the program have been talking about hosting interviewees for a night when you have your interview. We all know how stressful (and expensive) the entire process was for us, and we'd like to make it easier for you guys. Just one less thing to have to worry about on your interview day. If you're interested, send me a private message here, and I'll see if something can be organized in a couch-surfing like situation. Most of us live within a 1/4 mile radius of campus.

I only know one guy with the last name of Smith and that guy is sketchy! Jk my man.

Also a first year at MWU and the admissions director said first interviews should be in about a month. Take it for what it's worth =)

Given that graduates from both programs do very well in practice and you're asking students, not practicing doctors or PAs I'd say it's like throwing a chair off the Titanic (Translation: Just doesn't matter).

You'll likely hear the grumblings of ATSU being on probation, but again...doesn't matter. Worry about the things you can control (application, interviews, etc.) and let the process happen (much easier said than done I know).

@Meagan I submitted my application so it was sent out like 2nd or 3rd mailing. I believe that was early June?

It's weird you guys heard they haven't sent out interview invites yet because I logged into MWUnet and it said I was invited for an interview. I signed up and got a confirmation email and everything...But I never got an email telling me to check the website, so maybe they're still adding people and will send out a mass email at some point and that's what they meant?

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get a letter saying, "The admissions committee for the College of Health Sciences PA Program has put your application on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview"???

Congrats to those who already got interviews and good luck! If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

GPA:

GRE:

Hours:

Sorry I am just freakin out a little since this could be a very long wait for me and I want to get an idea of how competitive I may be for an interview in the future.

Huh...all I've gotten is an email saying that my application is under review. I applied a little late in the cycle for this school, but I already received an interview for A.T. Stills, which I applied to at the same time. Go figure, right?

What does that email even mean?? That there is a waiting list for interview spots or what??

Did anyone get a letter saying, "The admissions committee for the College of Health Sciences PA Program has put your application on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview"???

Congrats to those who already got interviews and good luck! If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

GPA: Undergrad- 3.25 Grad- 3.68

GRE: 975

Hours: 3000

Sorry I am just freakin out a little since this could be a very long wait for me and I want to get an idea of how competitive I may be for an interview in the future.

i got this a few weeks ago- better than rejection straight away i guess!

Archived