Application/Interviews 2013-2014

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone coming in for interviews next week, if you'd like to get together the night before and have dinner or just hang out, please feel free to drop me a line. We live literally less than 10 minutes from the campus and can give y'all tips on where to stay, where to eat, where to hang out, etc. I hope those that are coming from out of town are taking the chance to see some sites and neighborhoods while you're here. East Mesa, where the campus is at, is pretty tough to beat with regards to access to everything and a quiet place to live.

Rich

Not to derail the thread, but I was just curious. Where about do you live out there? I worked at Banner Gateway & Mercy Gilbert before I moved back to CA. I lived over off Warner and Greenfield, and then Southern and Val Vista. Wish I would've known there were some people around there that were in the Pre-PA stages too. Do you work out that way?

I did. Just puts me in to a pretty tight pickle now. Good problem to have though I suppose.

It is a very good problem to have, lol. However, I understand how agonizing it is. In undergrad (many years ago), I applied to TEN schools thinking the schools would choose for me by rejecting me and then got into nine out of the ten. Oops.

I never received the supplemental application from AT Still, and didn't get it submitted until 7/18, haven't heard from them yet, any clue if there's still available interview slots?? Haven't heard from NAU either, got wait-listed for a potential interview at Midwestern.. this is so frustrating!!

If you submitted on 7/18 and haven't gotten AT Still's supplemental, then you need to call and let them know. My CASPA was mailed out on 8/14 and I received the supplemental on 8/19. I called on Monday and asked about the interviews and they said they have very few interview spots left. She asked if I had a letter from a PA and if I had PA shadowing, also if I had all my prereqs done. It seems like now they're looking to fill those last spots with really competitive candidates. Hope this helps!

I submitted in June, and thankfully was able to talk with an admissions rep during that virtual fair thru CASPA, on 7/17, he personally sent me the supplemental app to one of my other email addresses and I got it submitted the next day- no worries!! well sort of.. lol yes it was helpful, waiting to hear back is agonizing.. you make me feel a little better thought because I do have a letter from a PA, shadowing experience and no outstanding pre-reqs.. good luck, and thank you!!

Hello Nate,

What do you know about the NAU interview? I'm interviewing there next week! Has anyone else been invited for an interview there? Or know anything about the interview process? I got turned down from Midwestern :/

I received an invitation to interview at NAU, but haven't heard anything from Midwesern or ATSU. My interview at NAU isn't until Nov. 6th... Good luck on your interview! I would love to hear feedback about how it went and what your thoughts are.

The interview's really chill. Basically you're in a room with everybody and you listen to some people and students talk about the program. Someone will come for you individually for a very short interview with the director and a long one with 2/3 faculty. You also write an essay. Everyone was really friendly and didn't make it high pressure at all. Just know who you are and come in with a good attitude and you should do great! (Also the provided lunch had vegetarian options if anyone's concerned :) )

Hey Emurphy,

Congrats to you on the interview with NAU as well! When did you submit all your CASPA and secondary application? They called me about three weeks ago for my interview next week. It wasn't that much of a notice but enough time to get some stuff prepared for the interview. I'm nervous but excited! As for Midwestern and ATSU I turned my stuff in in May as well and got rejected from both schools :(

They were pretty specific not to share the essay topic with other students and I assume the same would go for online, sorry. All I can say really is just don't worry about it. I was kind of freaked out about an essay but every question (in the essay and in the interviews) asked of me was very fair and not at all like trick questions. Like I said if you go in knowing who you are and why you want to be a PA you should do fine. There was no "why do you think you DESERVE to be a PA?!" questions like I've heard of some schools asking, either.

I interviewed and was accepted here two weeks ago. Some general advice about the essay (sorry, I won't give specifics) is to remember what you already know about essays - organize it well with a logical flow of ideas. State your position in the first paragraph (make sure you directly answer the question), then support it in the following paragraphs with topic sentences, transitions, etc. Wrap it up with a nice heartfelt conclusion. A big part of the essay is to make sure you are able to explain yourself well in writing.

I have interviewed at a handful of other schools. I would place the interview process at A.T. Still in the middle of the range in terms of difficulty and stress. Good interviewers will help put you at ease, because they want to see your best self. However, you still need to make sure you take everything seriously. I feel like I prepared well for the interview process but there were still a couple questions that were a bit difficult for me to answer.

Woah Isra I just realized you were asking about the NAU interview, which I know nothing about cause I haven't been invited to one haha...I was talking about the AT Still interview process.

Just heard back from AT Still today. I'm on the alternate list. I got the news via email, and I interviewed two weeks ago. Good luck everyone!

Received rejection letter a few days ago. Found out before because I called. I would call to received status for people who haven't heard anything.

Texas resident

cGPA: 3.62

sGPA: 3.42

HCE: Hospitalist Shadowing, ER volunteer, 300 hrs Patient exp (HHA/CNA) + ongoing 40-50 hrs/wk

Shelter volunteer, Research exp, TA exp

Non-HCE job - 800 hrs during school

Averaged 20+ credits a semester / graduated in 3 years before age 20

3 letters of recommendaton - 1 from company supervisor, MD, Program Head of Neuro department

Did you find out by email or in the mail?

Just curious, is there a group interview among other applicants? I read that during the interview there is 40 applicants and speaking in front of everyone would be a little uncomfortable for me.

No, there is no group interview and you don't need to speak in front of all the other applicants. You have an essay, a one-on-one interview, and another interview with a few faculty at once.

Archived