medicare enrollment application 2 weeks before end date?

Hi all,

I just wanted to check on this, because it seems fishy to me. My employer gave me a packet for medicare enrollment application (reassignment of medicare benefits). They just told me to sign it and give it back. However, I put in my resignation weeks ago and my last day is in 2 weeks. I've worked here for about 8 months.

They checked the box "You are enrolling or are currently enrolled in Medicare and will be reassigning your benefits to this supplier for the first time." I get the reason for this, but shouldn't it have been when I first started here? Almost all my patients have medicare. I have a new job that I'll be starting in a few weeks and I don't want to "reassign" my benefits to a job that I'm about to leave.

I just wanted to make sure this is appropriate for me to be filling out right before I'm about to leave. Won't I have to submit a termination of benefits directly following this?

Thanks

Archived